• Uncertain

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Maybe not happen this year but likely JVR and Komarov are gone next year. LWers. Hyman, Johnson, Leivo, Kapanen, Martin or Soshnikov are possibilities. Certainly Kadri is going to have a different type of player at LW next year.
Despite many uneven performances from some Leaf players, Leafs are still in a solid playoff spot...almost surprisingly.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri should be given more slack than anyone in my opinion. He has to compensate for the offensive black hole otherwise known as Leo Komarov.

It's a testament to his ability that he was able to put up such good numbers earlier in the season.

I love Leo, I've never said a bad word about him and even now, I hope he's saving himself for the playoffs or something (regardless of how much of a stretch that may be) but yes, it's hard to argue that playing with him hasn't had a negative effect on Kadri's point totals.

Reactions: Menzinger

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
the guys that told us frattin, colborne, and holland were better than kadri still won't shut up about their opinions on kadri.

it's amazing, really.

Holy crap i forgot about them haha. Hlad as hell we have this complete player with a edge under the surface that every player knows they better not get his hair up or he will lay you out.

Remember he layed out chara the year the Bruins got lucky and beat us in 7. Chara was surprised. I wasn't lol.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I love Leo, I've never said a bad word about him and even now, I hope he's saving himself for the playoffs or something (regardless of how much of a stretch that may be) but yes, it's hard to argue that playing with him hasn't had a negative effect on Kadri's point totals.

It’s just common sense, when a linemate has a down year it impacts the other players in the unit. It’s hardly unique to this circumstances either. I mean even when a player as good as Matthews isn’t on his game, his lineman’s suffer too - that’s not making anyone a scapegoat, it’s just how lines work.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
His improvement isn't "vast", he was a very good hockey player a long time ago as many of us were telling you when you were insisting that he's "easily replaceable" and a "32 point centre" and "not a Babcock type player" etc. and laughing at the very idea that he would be resigned. Instead of greatly overstating this "turnaround", you could just admit that you were wrong about Kadri all along. Many others have done so and the sky hasn't fallen on them, you must have posted 100 times that "it's OK to be wrong", why not practise what you preach? Every Kadri thread seems to end up revolving around you, why not give us a break and let us discuss Kadri instead of you for a change?

I mean what’s more likely: A player fundamentally reshaped every aspect of his game over A couple months of the offseason OR they’ve always been good and just started getting some puck luck in their favour. classic case of Occams Razor

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
One good season at 26 years old. Hasn’t played a game past round 1 in all these years. Ten games without a point now that Komarov is slumping. Doesn’t work with offensive minded players.

He’s just not a player you will win anything with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad