OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, DC United: Version V

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz beat the Spurs for the first time in the last 17 tries. Back to 2005. Dayum.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Report by @TonyPaul1984 says trade for Dan Duquette to join #BlueJays is "almost done."

Personally, I don't care if he leaves.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Report by @TonyPaul1984 says trade for Dan Duquette to join #BlueJays is "almost done."

Personally, I don't care if he leaves.

It would pretty much doom the Orioles next season if he left right now. The only reason I have faith in their patient start to the off-season is because Duqeuette's skill in finding gems in the rough. Without that, the O's have basically missed out on all the talent on the free agent market and lost important pieces from within.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
@masnRoch
Angelos: "I have said and will repeat that Dan is a sophisticated professional. His contract has 4 remaining yrs to serve as GM of Orioles and he's expected to perform under terms of his contract."

Sep 19, 2008
Dan Duqette was the GMSM of baseball. He had an eye for talent but had personal problems dealing with people (allegedly).

Sad to see him go

MacPhail and all predecessors dating back for decades were failures; it's no coincidence the winning started after Duqette took the reins

Good luck in Tor

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Can't really understate what MacPhail did for the Orioles. He laid the groundwork of the franchise. Jones, Tillman, Davis, Wieters, Machado, Hardy, etc. were all MacPhail acquisitions or draft picks.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Can't really understate what MacPhail did for the Orioles. He laid the groundwork of the franchise. Jones, Tillman, Davis, Wieters, Machado, Hardy, etc. were all MacPhail acquisitions or draft picks.

IMO did more than Duquette.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
IMO did more than Duquette.

Duquette put the finishing touches to turn a promising roster into a competitive one. McPhee built the core of this Capitals team, yet plenty of people are willing to give MacLellan credit for transforming how it performed this season. Even though the moves were very different, it's a similar principle. Both MacPhail and Duquette deserve a lot of credit for the Orioles, and losing Duquette would certainly be a blow right now.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Think about that for a second. The Wiz might be in the running for a 50 win season.

Is this real life?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Duquette put the finishing touches to turn a promising roster into a competitive one. McPhee built the core of this Capitals team, yet plenty of people are willing to give MacLellan credit for transforming how it performed this season. Even though the moves were very different, it's a similar principle. Both MacPhail and Duquette deserve a lot of credit for the Orioles, and losing Duquette would certainly be a blow right now.

Idk, I've never been a fan of Duquette back to his Boston days. Yeah he hit on Cruz, but what's the point if you couldn't re-sign him, essentially traded a 1st for 1 year. Completely flopped on Ubaldo(as I expected). Did a nice job with finding a couple of gems(McClouth, Delmon, etc.).

He failed to really improve what the team needed OBP and starting pitching, of course we don't know how hamstrung he was with Angelos being so stingy. This off-season has been a disaster thus far.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Duquette hasn't improved the starting pitching? While he hasn't brought in aces, guys like Chen, Gonzalez, Hammel, and Norris have certainly improved the rotation compared to what he inherited.

There's good reason why Duquette won AL Executive of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad