Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So someone buys your ticket and you just transfer the ticket to their email on gameday? Seems like a big risk for Stubhub if people welch on the deal.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So someone buys your ticket and you just transfer the ticket to their email on gameday? Seems like a big risk for Stubhub if people welch on the deal.

Yep, 24 hours prior. Expectation is you will transfer within the first 2-3 hours of the ticket becoming available for transfer though.

This is really no different than how you would do it via CL or some other more local means that have been previously suggested. It just offers more protection to both parties.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

And this is why I am surprised Stubhub is now doing this. While it is true that this is basically the same as craigslist or other methods, those are just individuals making deals- here Stubhub's reputation is on the line and they have to completely rely on the seller for the transaction to be successful.

I am probably not going to be able to use my tickets tonight, but I am still nervous about selling them.......

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I can't make the game tonight. Section 110, seats 3 and 4. I'm willing to part with them for $50 each. Don't want to put them on Stubhub because I couldn't stomach the idea of a Hawks fan sitting in my seats. Message me if you're interested and we'll work out the payment details.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
For those STH who have used the "send" function from your ticket account- is it always the case where you just have a link that you are supposed to copy and paste into a text or email??? I thought you would just enter an email address and send it straight from your account, but I guess that is not the case.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I can't make the game tonight. Section 110, seats 3 and 4. I'm willing to part with them for $50 each. Don't want to put them on Stubhub because I couldn't stomach the idea of a Hawks fan sitting in my seats. Message me if you're interested and we'll work out the payment details.

I can't make it tonight, but if you ever know in advance of a game you can't make it to please let me know. I'd like to take my daughter.. she's been begging to go to a game!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Came in from New York for a bachelor party and went to the game last night. Bachelor passed out in the 1st period so we’re trying to find tickets to tomorrow’s game. We’re a group of 8 but could split into groups of 4. Please PM me if available.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I think we have had this discussion before, but I noticed something again this week- put some of my ST for sale on the official Preds exchange site. Then later was looking for some extras for a friend and I noticed that my tickets showed up on just about every ticket broker site- the exact tickets/location so I know they are mine. And it is not a case of them selling and then the buyer put them up for sale- this is BEFORE they have sold.

Not the first time I have noticed it- interesting- I would be curious to know how that process works.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think we have had this discussion before, but I noticed something again this week- put some of my ST for sale on the official Preds exchange site. Then later was looking for some extras for a friend and I noticed that my tickets showed up on just about every ticket broker site- the exact tickets/location so I know they are mine. And it is not a case of them selling and then the buyer put them up for sale- this is BEFORE they have sold.

Not the first time I have noticed it- interesting- I would be curious to know how that process works.

I’m guessing they’re fishing to see if they can get
more for your ticket than your asking price. If someone buys from them then they just buy your ticket and provide to the person who bought from them.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I'd say that is exactly what is happening. I just dropped my prices for tonight since I can't go and there were gone in 5 minutes.
I wonder if some brokers have computer programs looking for price drops

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have to say that I really like the send via text function. Not sure how they work with selling tickets, but for a simple transfer to someone who already has an account set up, it's great.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Ok family. I'm looking for two tickets to any one of these games so I can take my soon to be 6 year old who has been bugging me all year to take her.

12/30 vs Minnesota
1/20 vs Florida
2/3 vs New York Rangers
2/17 vs Detroit
3/10 vs New Jersey
3/21 vs Buffalo

Yes I know it's only Saturday games but she goes to bed around 7 on weeknights because of school. It has to be an after Christmas game since I want them to be from Santa. I don't think we do hard tickets anymore so if anyone has design skills to make a "ticket" that would also be greatly appreciated!!!

skydog71

Jan 17, 2012
Got a call from my ticket rep saying my account was "flagged" because I had more than 60% of my tickets listed on Ticketmaster. Which is true as we've got 2 kids under the age of 3 and it's impossible to go to more than 10 regular season games a year --- at least until they get a little bit older. We've been full season ticket holders since 2008 and I've never heard of this.

Anyways, they threatened to take away our playoff tickets unless we got our listings below 60%. That's really the only reason we've been holding on to the tickets as while we can't afford a babysitter for 41 regular season games, we'll figure out something for the playoffs. . So the threat of taking the playoffs away was very unsettling.

In any case, just wanted to pass along the info. If you're selling tickets to games you can't attend, try to keep it minimal, else you will draw the ire of the front office.

On the bright side, it might run out some scalpers which I'm guessing is their main intent.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Frankly this is pissy and so destructive. There is a guy on the Nashville predators buy sell facebook page that lists Lexus lounge tickets for almost every game.....but he is selling thru paypal. Not on the ticket exchange.

No it's not running off scalpers. They are simply using things like this.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Is 60% a magic threshold? I’m nowhere near that but wouldn’t be shocked if I’m at 30-40% due to travel.

Reactions: predfan98

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This is nothing against anyone in particular, but I just don't understand why anyone would buy a full season of 41 games if they can only make 10-20 of them. Why not buy a half season or a 10-13 game plan instead?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is nothing against anyone in particular, but I just don't understand why anyone would buy a full season of 41 games if they can only make 10-20 of them. Why not buy a half season or a 10-13 game plan instead?

I think I can speak to that. We are in Birmingham so definitely cannot go to every game. We have been mini plan holders the past few years but this year did a full for the first time. There were many reasons. One was much better prices and perks.

But for us the biggest reason was that for the mini plans, you don't get to pick your games, so we would know going in that at least half of the games on our plan we would not be able to attend. And on the mini plans you can't sell any of your tickets-none of them. So we would just have to eat several games worth of tickets. Same thing even for the half season plans. Since you can't pick your games at all, I knew going in that there were about half of the games we would not be able to attend. And then there would be several games that we could go to that weren't a part of the half season plan. Which meant that we would be committed to a half plan AND would have to buy tickets on a game by game basis for those other games that weren't on our plan.

With full tickets we know we have tickets to any game that we may be able to go to.

So it just made sense on almost every level for us to just take a chance and buy full season tickets.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Got a call from my ticket rep saying my account was "flagged" because I had more than 60% of my tickets listed on Ticketmaster. Which is true as we've got 2 kids under the age of 3 and it's impossible to go to more than 10 regular season games a year --- at least until they get a little bit older. We've been full season ticket holders since 2008 and I've never heard of this.

Anyways, they threatened to take away our playoff tickets unless we got our listings below 60%. That's really the only reason we've been holding on to the tickets as while we can't afford a babysitter for 41 regular season games, we'll figure out something for the playoffs. . So the threat of taking the playoffs away was very unsettling.

In any case, just wanted to pass along the info. If you're selling tickets to games you can't attend, try to keep it minimal, else you will draw the ire of the front office.

On the bright side, it might run out some scalpers which I'm guessing is their main intent.

You could always use the facebook group, here, or reddit to not have them all listed on ticketmaster.

skydog71

Jan 17, 2012
Good question. The main reasons for us:

1) Moving from full season to half season ticket plan would require us to move seats. We're really happy with our section and have gotten to know everybody in our section over the past 10 years, so we'd prefer to stay where we're at.

2) You can't choose the 20 games you want in a half season package. You get either the "gold" plan or "blue" plan. If you have games you want to attend in both packages, you have to choose. In contrast, if you buy a full season, you can just sell the 20 games you don't want and you've effectively created your own custom half season plan.

3) Full season plans are significantly cheaper on a per game basis versus a half season plan.

4) When you renew in 3-year increments, you don't know if you'll need a full season plan each year, or if you'll be ok with a half season each year. Or maybe you'll just want a half-season plan the 2nd year. Having full season tickets gives you flexibility.

We've thought long and hard about downsizing to a smaller package ever since our first kid was born a few years ago, but have opted to keep our full season seats since we could sell our extras. It looks like the Preds are slowing taking that option off the table. Between the "grow the gold" games and restrictions on how many games you can sell, it probably make more sense for us to just cancel our seats and just buy single games from other season ticket holders. At least until we can attend more games ourselves.

The 60% threshold is indeed "magic" in that I asked for a copy of our 3-year renewal from last spring and didn't see 60% listed anywhere. Just the generic "Predators can revoke your tickets, it's a license not something you own" language that you see on similar agreements. I'm guessing they are testing the waters at 60% and will lower it if they feel they can make more money selling the seats on a per game basis. If the Preds hit a bad streak like a few years ago where they are selling $15 tickets to Tuesday night games, then this threshold will probably disappear as they will be leaning on their season ticket holder sales to get them through the rough patch.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Just sell some on here, facebook or craigslist. The Predators wouldn't have any way to track that.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Thanks for passing this along.

I am curious- how did the conversation end- Did you say that you would try to keep it under 60? How did they leave the conversation- were they at least cordial about it?

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just sell some on here, facebook or craigslist. The Predators wouldn't have any way to track that.

The only problem is those methods are alot more trouble than the ticket exchange.

I get that they don't want people to abuse it I guess, but they need to stop constantly advertising the ticket exchange if they don't want people to use it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Pretty simply answer for me, with some level of new complication related to concerts that causes the post to go long...

We will definitely go to 25-30 games/yr, maybe more depending on how the schedule works out, but with a full ticket allotment I get to choose which games to attend and which to sell. I also get a better discount buy purchasing a full vs. a half and all seats are available for selection.

The other benefit, and a great example of a rapidly diminishing benefit, is early access to certain non-hockey presales (concerts for example). We go to a lot of concerts and have found this benefit to be fantastic over the last several years. The problem now is the organization has vastly diminished the value of the benefit due to the forced inclusion of Lexus Lounge. And to make it worse they are even starting to gouge on the Lexus Lounge side of the equation.

U2 is a perfect example of this. The concert tickets themselves are already a ridiculous $375/ticket. Lexus Lounge is typically a $100 add on. Season ticket holder benefit for U2 + Lexus Lounge? $675/ticket! Yep, $375/ticket plus $300 for Lexus Lounge. Anyone who has been to LL knows it's probably not even worth $100 much less $300.

Reactions: predfan98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad