Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Resolute said:
Oh, and really?

The GEC holds 17,113 for hockey.

Game 1:17,113
Game 2: 16,707
Game 5: 16,061

Seems to me that Nashville didn't come close to selling out yesterday. Unless, of course, they closed off a couple sections...

My apologies. I saw it reported as a sellout.

Guess I'd better find a new team, you've beaten me.

Willis

Aug 2, 2005
The thing is here in Edmonton the corp tickets are bought and used. The tickets go for $200 ($178 US) a game face value and are bought up. Heck nosebleed tickets can fetch $300 (or $265 US) for the playoffs from scalpers so the price is not the issue. The issue is that there is not enough fans willing to pay those prices to attend the game.

zman

Oct 10, 2005
Maryland, USA
nomorekids said:
but there's no way to prove that, unless he has a breakdown of who is buying the tickets. EVERY arena in the NHL sells the bulk of its suites and lower bowl seats to businesses. Usually in the advertising deal, whatever business is purchasing space on the rink wall usually throws a block of tickets into the price as well. I've spoken at length about this with the Devils marketing director.

You'll have to trust me. Buffalo has the least corporate presence of any team in the NHL.....probably by far. The fans in the lower bowl are mostly season ticket holder regular fans. What large corporations are in Buffalo (and there aren't many)... buy the luxury suites.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
The thing that stands out to me is that Nashville has the lowest playoff prices in the NHL. If people could not pay those prices I am seriously doubting the viability of the franchise in Nashville. Like I said though, it is not just the predators but also the grizzlies. Maybe Tennessee just does not care to support pro teams other than the NFL? I know the predators have a lot of fans but is there enough?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
PortlandRanger said:
The thing that stands out to me is that Nashville has the lowest playoff prices in the NHL. If people could not pay those prices I am seriously doubting the viability of the franchise in Nashville. Like I said though, it is not just the predators but also the grizzlies. Maybe Tennessee just does not care to support pro teams other than the NFL? I know the predators have a lot of fans but is there enough?

but it ISN'T the cheap tickets that are sitting around. The upper level and most of the high lower bowl were sold out, and quickly. Just because a ticket that costs 115 dollars in Nashville is 130 in San Jose...doesn't make it any more affordable to the average fan. It's, again, why the team isn't calling out fans for not answering the call...they're calling out local businesses which held season tickets...inexplicably choosing not to opt for the playoff package. Who knows, maybe it's bad marketing or a bad approach...but that's the target the team is working on over the summer. They're not trying to win more "Joe and Jill fan" as Violetta puts it, they're trying to win more corporate presence.

Falloooooon

Nov 11, 2004
nomorekids said:
My apologies. I saw it reported as a sellout.

Guess I'd better find a new team, you've beaten me.

That would have been a decent post owning up to your bad stats that you claim to be so well versed in. But you had to throw in the second part and ruin it.

PredsMan

Aug 12, 2002
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but the Preds ticket policies have been a total mess since Scott Loft left.

I'v had my season tik account since 98/99, and I've had 2 or 3 real problems the last couple seasons.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Ogopogo said:
:shakehead

Sorry, I'll take the prosperity of Alberta over the poverty of BC any day. You can go snowboarding and sailing "whenever you want" because you are unemployed. ;)

Atleast the people of Vancouver can go outside any time they like and not have to wear 5 layers of clothing and worry about the wind chill going to 40 below.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Though at least we still go outside at 40 below.

If Vancouverites can see their breath, they cease functioning.

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad