Sportsnet: Nashville open for business

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If you are TO or EDM, I honestly see what it would take to get Saros, even if you have to pay a little more than you would like. A few other teams as well.

Reactions: Macblender

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Islanders should be interested in Trenin/Jeannot and to some extend in Granlund... I thought he was a UFA, 2 years after this at 5.

Reactions: Easternbull

tnnr

Feb 19, 2023
He's quite valuable for us, especially now with Joey's career in jeopardy. He's the only veteran center to shelter the kids.

Not sure on the cost but it would be much more than you probably would want to give up for Sissons. He's a lot more valuable for us than he would be for any other team. I wouldn't say this if Joey was healthy.

Ah okay. Been a fan of Sissons from a far and always wanted him on PIT. I agree guys like him are really valuable to their teams.

Reactions: Scoresberg

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ekholms best days are behind him.

Rather not give up those big of assets on someone with that large of a cap hit on the downside of his career.
I mean just look at the rental costs of orlov, who isn't that much younger. you also get rid of a cap dump with that.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I can see Jeanot returning an unbelievable amount of assets. Depending on his contract ask, Preds might be able to reload quickly by moving him.

• Haha
Reactions: triggrman

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think you could pretty easily gut the roster to rebuild.

What league are you watching?

If all that mattered was talent, sure. However, with the cap, talent isn't the top priority. Unless you have a bunch of UFAs, you can't easily gut a roster to rebuild. It's a slower, multi-year process, where you chip away at term. If a guy has 5 years left, you're probably waiting at least 3 before there's any serious discussion about a trade, and by then the situation could be different. Or, the guy wants out, and you take whatever scraps you get, like the Sharks did with Burns. They got jack for him, and retained. They did him a solid. He's 37 though, so, he didn't have too much time to wait.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
What league are you watching?

If all that mattered was talent, sure. However, with the cap, talent isn't the top priority. Unless you have a bunch of UFAs, you can't easily gut a roster to rebuild. It's a slower, multi-year process, where you chip away at term. If a guy has 5 years left, you're probably waiting at least 3 before there's any serious discussion about a trade, and by then the situation could be different. Or, the guy wants out, and you take whatever scraps you get, like the Sharks did with Burns. They got jack for him, and retained. They did him a solid. He's 37 though, so, he didn't have too much time to wait.
Sure but the assets I am talking are attractive even with term. You could pretty easily trade Ekholm, Josi, Forsberg, Saros, mcdonagh, and maybe duchene with their term it is more of if the return makes it worthwhile to fast track.

I am advocating to trade them before they want out if you are going to rebuild that is all. Their guys are like 30-32 range for the most part and have like 3-5 years of solid hockey left. Then the $6-9M contracts get much harder to move in their late 30s.

For granlund and johansen good luck on moving those imo without retention.

Again not saying to do it just you want to explore it with your top guys since last thing you want is if you go in the gutter and decide to rebuild I don’t want them unhappy asking out saying trade me only to the NYR or this one team tanking my value.

This is only if they decide to rebuild. I am not a NSH fan so have no clue what they are doing but think that is a hard retool for the forwards Corp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad