Sportsnet: Nashville open for business

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Selling in any given year when you're likely not looking at a playoff spot doesn't inherently mean rebuilding. Being open for business doesn't even mean that you'll make all that many deals.

Most teams most of the time don't truly rebuild.
yea-k.gif

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Yeah I would absolute love this guy on the Leafs. Big physical RD who is very responsible defensively and just straight up nasty to play against. Would be a dream if we could land him.

My wish list for the dead line is, Ekholm and Tom Wilson. Lmao I know cap wise it would be next to impossible to do, but would be phenomenal.
Quite simply and succinctly stated; Toronto does not have anywhere near the tradable assets to get within the universe of this happening.

• Wow
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nashville is in an incredibly poor position to sell.

Everyone is either expensive and signed long term or not worth much.

Not the typical deadline targets.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah I would absolute love this guy on the Leafs. Big physical RD who is very responsible defensively and just straight up nasty to play against. Would be a dream if we could land him.

My wish list for the dead line is, Ekholm and Tom Wilson. Lmao I know cap wise it would be next to impossible to do, but would be phenomenal.

I'd damn near empty the prospect cupboard to acquire Ekholm if the money could be worked out.

Rielly Ekholm

Brodie Giordano

Would be a fantastic top 4

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Ekholm is a LD.

He's played on the right but never for more than a few games. He spent like 3 games on the right this year before they decided it would be better to put Josi there instead.

Reactions: McDoused

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Kings could pivot off Chychrun and target Ekholm instead… cheaper to acquire
He'd be cheaper to acquire, but he's also 8 years older and has a $1.625M higher cap hit. He fits what LA's looking for, style-wise, but not age- and contract-wise.

Reactions: kenito7

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Jeremy Lauzon to LA.
I'd rather have Ekholm to be honest. Something around Ekholm with Petersen going the other way would be awesome. Not sure how LA swings that though. Maybe a starting point of Turcotte or Kupari and a first?

Screenshot-2023-02-13-at-11.14.38-AM.png

Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy

Reactions: FSL KINGS

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'd rather have Ekholm to be honest. Something around Ekholm with Petersen going the other way would be awesome. Not sure how LA swings that though. Maybe a starting point of Turcotte or Kupari and a first?

Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy
Ekholms best days are behind him.

Rather not give up those big of assets on someone with that large of a cap hit on the downside of his career.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy
I am pretty confident in saying David Poile would never take Peterson's contract.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Poile said before the start of last season that the Preds were doing a competitive retool, so id imagine he's seeing what he can get for certain players and wont make the move unless its worth it. Guys like McDonagh/Ekholm could bring in a decent haul. Guys like Trenin (who's always had tough negotiations with new contracts? or Jeannot could definitely bring in a bunch of draft picks/prospects.

Like mentioned, Forsberg/Josi arent going anywhere unless they want too.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ekholm is a LD.

He's played on the right but never for more than a few games. He spent like 3 games on the right this year before they decided it would be better to put Josi there instead.

Irrelevant because Rielly, Brodie, and Giordano can all play both sides

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nashville is in an incredibly poor position to sell.

Everyone is either expensive and signed long term or not worth much.

Not the typical deadline targets.
This.

I think we're now entering into a two or three year re-tool phase, so that we can build a competitive team around Forsberg, Josi and Saros one more time.

We're obviously looking at moving Granlund and at least one of Ekholm or McDonagh. I think Lankinen could also fetch a decent pick also.

Johansen and Duchene are immovable.

Jeannot fits the timeline so he's not going anywhere unless there's a boneheaded offer for him. Trenin might be, he went to arbitration last summer so things might not be that hot between him and the organization. Don't really understand the Fabbro trade talk, his value can't be high so why move a timeline-fitting, 24-year-old defenseman?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What's the ask for Colton Sissons to PIT?
He's quite valuable for us, especially now with Joey's career in jeopardy. He's the only veteran center to shelter the kids.

Not sure on the cost but it would be much more than you probably would want to give up for Sissons. He's a lot more valuable for us than he would be for any other team. I wouldn't say this if Joey was healthy.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

Anderson - Doughty
Ekholm - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy
you do realize ekholm is 32, he gets no where near that package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad