Sportsnet: Nashville open for business

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Pretty smart of the Preds to make a decision & deal assets with the current state of the Team. From what I’ve seen, the fan base seems to be open to this approach. It will be interesting to see who gets moved over the next week.

I understand that Jeannot isn’t having a strong Season, but still think his style would be a real asset to a contender.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He suggested Dallas is interested in Jeannot. Seems like a target Tampa would be interested in too.

What's Jeannot's expected price?

Reactions: BHD

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If Nash is moving to rebuilt I don’t understand why you would have untouchables to be honest.

With josi being 32 seems like a piece you could get an absolute haul for to fast track a rebuild if he is going to be 36 or so by the time they are competitive again if not older

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Pretty smart of the Preds to make a decision & deal assets with the current state of the Team. From what I’ve seen, the fan base seems to be open to this approach. It will be interesting to see who gets moved over the next week.

I understand that Jeannot isn’t having a strong Season, but still think his style would be a real asset to a contender.
Coleman, Goodrow type player.

Tampa will probably find a way.

Reactions: Zwui21

Macblender

May 5, 2014
lol. lmao. "OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Except for our good players. Not them. How dare you?"
Yeah like I am thinking marek generally doesn’t have a clue.

Wasn’t Forsberg pissed when arvidsson was traded. Now they are open for business to sell some pieces I would think he would be fine moving on no?

It is sort of like a are you rebuilding or not scenario and if you are the way to fast track it is those older tier 1 pieces

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If Nash is moving to rebuilt I don’t understand why you would have untouchables to be honest.

With josi being 32 seems like a piece you could get an absolute haul for to fast track a rebuild if he is going to be 36 or so by the time they are competitive again if not older
2 of the untouchables are lifelong Preds, our most important players, and have NMCs and probably don't want to be traded. The other is a goalie that lurks around the Vezina conversation annually and isn't worth moving until,we know whether Askarov can be a legit NHL goalie or not.

It's not likely we are rebuilding, Poile tends to try to reool and I'm sure the goal will be playoffs again next year. So we can't just completely burn it down.

Yeah like I am thinking marek generally doesn’t have a clue.

Wasn’t Forsberg pissed when arvidsson was traded. Now they are open for business to sell some pieces I would think he would be fine moving on no?

It is sort of like a are you rebuilding or not scenario and if you are the way to fast track it is those older tier 1 pieces
None of these guys have a source when it comes to the Preds, Poile plays things very close to the vest.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
2 of the untouchables are lifelong Preds, our most important players, and have NMCs and probably don't want to be traded. The other is a goalie that lurks around the Vezina conversation annually and isn't worth moving until,we know whether Askarov can be a legit NHL goalie or not.

It's not likely we are rebuilding, Poile tends to try to reool and I'm sure the goal will be playoffs again next year. So we can't just completely burn it down.
Fair enough i more just mean looking at the roster leaves a lot to be desired.

That is one heft retool especially with the cap spent on under performing forwards like johansen etc.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Fair enough i more just mean looking at the roster leaves a lot to be desired.

That is one heft retool especially with the cap spent on under performing forwards like johansen etc.
It's another reason we can't really rebuild-too many vet contracts unmoveable but also probably leaves us too competitive to completely bottom out. That leaves us only to trade mid-level and younger guys (which are pieces we don't really want to move).

Options clear up a bit when Johansen and Granlund are off the books (and Duchene shortly after) so we're just treading water on the bubble until then.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad