NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
3A9DAD3F-F469-4B95-87ED-796C9647D75F.jpeg

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Needed to do it.

Interesting it didn’t mention Ruff at all. I would have expected an announcement to cover the whole staff, whether positively or negatively.

I guess they announced the assistants as soon as the decision was made so they can look for new gigs asap and there still isn’t a head coach decision.

Reactions: Devs3cups

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Needed to do it.

Interesting it didn’t mention Ruff at all. I would have expected an announcement to cover the whole staff, whether positively or negatively.

I guess they announced the assistants as soon as the decision was made so they can look for new gigs asap and there still isn’t a head coach decision.
Nas's contract was up and Recchi was hot flaming garbage, so they're the easy decisions.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think they probably wanted to keep Nas but he wanted to pursue other opportunities. He was interim coach and then came back as an assistant, and I thought it was weird that when asked about it at the time Fitz said something to the effect of "well he's under contract so he's going to be here regardless, but if he is unhappy then we can talk about it later." Which I thought was kind of weird, like he wanted to leave but the organization didn't want to let him go.

Recchi can go pound salt. It's easy to write off the PP issues as solely a Recchi issue. The same players that suck ass on the PP were producing just fine at ES. f*** him.

New assistants, new goalie, trim the fat at forward, I think we'll be fine. If Lindy is staying then this is his last chance, if we're not still in the hunt by Christmas then his ass is grass IMO.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
This needed to be done. I'm surprised that Ruff didn't get fired at the same time. Does this indicate he will be back, or is it still too soon and they are still evaluating?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This needed to be done. I'm surprised that Ruff didn't get fired at the same time. Does this indicate he will be back, or is it still too soon and they are still evaluating?
Too soon. They are “ok” with him but want to make sure that no better options become available before they announce and decide what to do with Ruff.
Ruff probably is not their #1 choice but if Bruce B and others take jobs elsewhere , then they still have Ruff to fall back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
kinda feel bad for nas, he's been a soldier

recchi can eff off

I think letting go of nas was just a result of trying to get a culture change. Recchi contributed absolutely nothing though. HOPEFULLY this means we will start seeing some changes internally in the team's mindset.

Reactions: OmNomNom

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think they probably wanted to keep Nas but he wanted to pursue other opportunities. He was interim coach and then came back as an assistant, and I thought it was weird that when asked about it at the time Fitz said something to the effect of "well he's under contract so he's going to be here regardless, but if he is unhappy then we can talk about it later." Which I thought was kind of weird, like he wanted to leave but the organization didn't want to let him go.

Interesting. Wasn't aware there were signs he was unhappy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad