My 07 Mock Draft

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Canucks need to draft Moller.

You guys have a smart GM in Nonis. I know he'll draft a wildcard, but a good good pick. Moller could be that selection.

Dont overlook Mikeal Backlund. Such a great talent, a top 5 probably, but got injured.

Kipper

Nov 21, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You guys have a smart GM in Nonis. I know he'll draft a wildcard, but a good good pick. Moller could be that selection.

Dont overlook Mikeal Backlund. Such a great talent, a top 5 probably, but got injured.

I sure hope so, I see him play everynight with the Bruins and he goes to my school. :biglaugh: But you can see he has so much potential.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's already been said twice, but it bears repeating:

The Sharks will not draft a goalie in the first round. Never mind that it's something they've never done before, the key thing is that they have 4 solid goalies in their system right now (Greiss, Patzold, Dakers, & Stalock).

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
just my two cents:

1. Philly - Pat Kane - Cherepanov and Kane are about dead even but Cherepanov isn't a sure thing to come over
2. LA - Karl Alzner - The Kings have good prospects at every poition with Bernier, Johnson, Boyle, Lewis so they take the another good young d-man
3. Columbus - Jakub Voracek - Possiby the best player in the draft
4. Chicago - Angelo Esposito - The Hawks take a good forward who may be able to crack the team next year
5. St. Louis - Sam Gagner - The Blues want an offensive force and they get one
6. Florida - Logan Couture - They want a center and he is the best one available
7. Washington - Alexei Cherpanov - It is more probable that he is selected higher than this but with rankings changing every month who knows where him and the others will go
8. Phoenix - Kyle Turris - The Coyotes go high risk high reward
9. Boston - James Van Rimesdyk - They have Stuart and Lasshoff as d-men but they lack a great forward prospect
10. Rangers - Zach Hamill - Probably a reach but he has a great upside, maybe Ellerby here
11. Oilers - Keaton Ellerby - They get a defenseman of the future
12. Colorado - Trevor Cann - With Budaj their only young(ish) goalie they need to take a goalie of the future
13. Islanders - Nick Petrecki - Best Player available
14. Toronto - Brandon Sutter - He has good bloodlines and isn't a bad hockey player
15. Carolina - John Blum - They traded away Jack Johnson and need another defenseman
16. Minnesota - John Negrin - Have a good nucleus of young forwards, Maybe Sexsmith goes here
17. Bill Sweatt - Took a goalie last year and defensemen before that
18. Ottawa - Michael Repik - Best Player Available
19. Pittsburgh - Eric Doyle - Best Player Available
20. Montreal - Maxim Mayorov - Best Player Available
21. Vancouver - Kevin Shattenkirk - Best Player Available
22. Calgary - Colton Gillies - They take a grinder with offensive upside who fits their system
23. Dallas - Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i - Best Player Available
24. Atlanta - Thomas Hickey - Best Player Available
25. San Jose - Tyson Sexsmith - Lacka good young goalie
26. New Jersey - Alex Plante - The big faller of the first round, teams may see him as overrated because he plays with Alzner
27. Oilers - Jim O'Brien - Best player available
28. Detroit - Joakim Andersson - Best Player available
29. Philly - Jeremy Smith - Get their goalie of the future
30. Buffalo - Mike Hoeffel - Best Player Available

There are some reaches (Gillies, Hamill) and some fallers (Cherpanov, Ellerby, Plante)... Also the only traded picks I could rember were Nashville to Philly and Anaheim to Edmonton

i could definitely live with that pick, but the wings will probably mess it up by trading their first rounder again:shakehead

jr13

Nov 12, 2006
Turris / Kane/ or Cheraponov for the Fly Guys - no way Turris goes past #4.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
not a bad looking mock fong.

fly fan coming at yah. i would say talent wise philly is looking at 2 people. Kane and Alzner. If we keep the #1 pick, which we should be able to do, after this horrible season, i would say go 80% chance it will be Kane, and 20% chance it will be Alzner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad