Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
In honour of Klefbom and Larsson. A couple swedish punk bands:

[Yt]A4Ee8OWpmqA[/MEDIA]

[Yt]NkAe30aEG5c[/MEDIA]

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone who's a fan of Refused get an A+ in taste in my books. They came through Edmonton "recently" (Last year?) and i missed them, it hurt.

I missed refused too. I saw international noise conspiracy at reds about 10 years ago. I also saw raised fist there. Another good swedish punk band.

[Yt]IeacKQatimw[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Don't know if anyone is interested in this...but as I teach students at these ages (boys and girls), I find it fascinating. Some of them have a hard time playing just a couple of notes or chords clean. I'm actually subscribed to Tina S's channel because I've been following her progress for a while now. Her technique is out of this world.

****ing kids these day :shakehead

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
In honour of Klefbom and Larsson. A couple swedish punk bands:

[Yt]A4Ee8OWpmqA[/MEDIA]

[Yt]NkAe30aEG5c[/MEDIA]

I missed refused too. I saw international noise conspiracy at reds about 10 years ago. I also saw raised fist there. Another good swedish punk band.

[Yt]IeacKQatimw[/MEDIA]

Millencolin are great, used to listen to them a lot in my teens. I didn't know anyone outside of Sweden listened to Raised Fist lol.

My favorite song from them, although I haven't listened to them in many, many years.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Not sure how I haven't heard of Kat Dahlia before but I've been blasting this song on repeat the last few days.

This version is even better:

Another song I've been listening to a lot lately, the music video is amazing:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hey Zaddy. If you're into the vibe of Kat Dahlia and others like her and Lopez etc, do yourself a favor and head to Miami for a few days when you can. My wife and I went a number of years ago and man, talk about a different world than what we're used to. We were staying downtown, took a cab to South Beach, and the cabbie went through a district (one of a **** load), where he wouldn't stop. For nothing.

South Beach was righteous...just don't take a wrong turn in that city and end up in a hood. My wife and I did as we were walking and wondering what was up with people looking out their windows at us in dilapidated houses. We got bailed out by an old black dude who I asked for directions as he rode his bike towards us. All he said was "don't be going this way, that's the hood. Go the other way". We took his advice. :laugh:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Saw that guy a number of years ago now. So yeah. I have.

Also saw Whitesnake at the Coliseum when Vai was with em in Edmonton I don't remember when, in the late 80's or early 90's.

He did the heart guitar solo which blew me away.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Saw that guy a number of years ago now. So yeah. I have.

Also saw Whitesnake at the Coliseum when Vai was with em in Edmonton I don't remember when, in the late 80's or early 90's.

He did the heart guitar solo which blew me away.

I wish i could pull off pants that tight, but you know that guy is packing a tin foil coverd cucumber in those pants. Spinal tap style.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
+1 for Alice Cooper Group. Great group till Alice went solo, and finally reconized when they put the entire group and not just the man into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame.
First album I ever bought was Muscle of Love. :)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Well then. Bring in the Alice would you....be my guest!!!

I don't know why, but this is my ultimate song of the Legend for unknown reason....perhaps a 17 year old drunkin stupor of sorts...come to think of it:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
A couple of my first bands as a teen that nobody paid much attention to till a while later:

:)

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don't know if anyone is interested in this...but as I teach students at these ages (boys and girls), I find it fascinating. Some of them have a hard time playing just a couple of notes or chords clean. I'm actually subscribed to Tina S's channel because I've been following her progress for a while now. Her technique is out of this world.

****ing kids these day :shakehead

Tina S is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad