OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Thought it would be fun to have a thread to see what kind of music us Oiler fans listen too. I do know the interests are quite diverse. My taste are wide open going from Dimmu Borgir, Immortal Amon Amarth etc to the likes of Stan Rogers and Gordon Lightfoot.

If you have a song stuck in your head, or stumbled across a new band and want to share it with people, do so here.

One band I've come across in the last year or so is one simply called ASG and are a band I'm yet to hear a song by them that I do not like. Currently this song is my favorite from them.

note: Only thing I ask is to please avoid mega posts with an overload of links. If we keep it to 1 or 2 links per post so posts don't become overwhelming.

Oct 30, 2011

youtube embed is built in to HF. you don't need the entire url, just the video identification number(not even the v=)

Last edited:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Tropical House is the perfect genre for summertime.

Keep the tunes coming guys. My music taste is all over the place and I love to hear new stuff.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Here's a couple beauties from the great Stan Rogers, first one about my homeland

and here's one that I always find fun to listen to

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Not expecting anyone here to be listening to the same stuff as me but here's some selections of what I've been playing lately.

Studio version is obviously better.

The entire album is really good.

Just real chill song.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I love these guys. Great Power Metal.

And for older school:

I could listen to this album 24/7 easily. Probably one of my favorite albums of all time.

And for something completely different...except to maybe a few guitar slingers out there:

You play guitar..this album is essential.

Last edited:

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

Not usually my thing but Good lord is this girl talented.

Haha that was funny. As someone who's not on the up and up with modern pop I have a question.

Is that song for real? Like rising up the charts?

I'm definitely hitting up Oodle Noodle for lunch now though.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
My favorite live guitar solo ever.

I saw this years ago. Totally changed my tune on Knopfler.

Very under rated guitarist he is.

Peavey-Yoda-Guitar-HOT-or-NOT_front_page_teaser.jpg

Bobby McKeyz

No Satisfaction
Sep 23, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Tropical House is the perfect genre for summertime.

Keep the tunes coming guys. My music taste is all over the place and I love to hear new stuff.

nice I dig this! Love Marvin Gaye. I'm also pretty hooked on House music right now haha, it's all new to me so i'm having fun discovering it.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
He is?

He's considered by pretty much every publication to be one of the greatest of all time.

D:

I may be thinking of back when he was starting. Or when I first started to pay attention to him. I got into him pretty early, but I didn't read allot about him at the time.

Besides...I was in a slightly different music scene and crowd than Dire Straights peeps. He WAS under rated by the people I hung around with.

There.

That's my excuse.

Take them Knoflers.

:sarcasm:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
wow that's a band that I hadn't listened to in a looooooong time, thanks for bringing them back into my mind :yo:

No problems. Any time.

Here's one that was posted on one of the channels I subscribe to...this isn't a "typical" music post by myself...but I love this girls voice...her band is pretty righteous as well:

Here's one of her own tunes:

Anyone heard of her?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->