OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
What do some of you guys think of this. Heard the name mentioned in a guitar vid, so I checked it out. It's actually sorta tasty. 3 distinctively different tunes here.

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
so much yes with the stuff Gojira has come out with in their last album!

Mastodon has a great new one out

been on a good Fear Factory kick lately, loving this tune

Finally with something kind of off the wall, found this Mongolian group a couple months ago, and this song is beautiful

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Mongolian? Nice! Never heard of that band before and there's no chance I would have come across that myself.

Have you metal lovers heard of these bands?

Imperanon - Stained

First band of some guys who later played in Norther and Wintersun. Their first (and only) album is full of melodic stuff, basically what you can only get when you put teenager boys in the studio and let them show off their skills to their hearts' content. This name piece has one of the best riffs I've ever heard, and the solo just somehow gets me every time.

Diablo - Preacher

This band is rather well known in Finland but abroad it hasn't had much success (to my knowledge). The band is sometimes called "Finnish Metallica", but that's mostly due to the singer/rhythm guitarist being a James Hetfield lookalike. :laugh: (see photo under the video)

Diablo-141.jpg

He used to have a similar beard to Hetfield too but I think he shaved it off because he wanted to end the comparisons. :D

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

arguably, the most important song in Rock n Roll history. thought this would be appropriate today

RIP, Chuck. Chez la vie, goes to show you never can tell.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Something pretty special rose out of the 90's scene.....Thank McJesus.

Last edited:

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
I randomly came across The Screaming Females on Youtube a few weeks back and haven't really stopped listening to them :laugh:

The leader singer's style is a bit different from the norm, but you quickly get used to it!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
There is some really wicked guitar work in the Screaming Females stuff. That's just good tunes!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
New Gorillaz stuff seems like it'll be a bit of a departure, but some of it still sounds like stuff I'd listen to.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Good year for video game soundtracks so far.

Last edited:

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
So after a nice playoff run the Oilers will have a summer vacation. It was fun to see you guys back in PO's!

I'll wish an excellent summer for all Oilers fans with the following song, which was one of the official summer hits of 2012 in Finland - played by most major radio stations. Quite an achievement, considering that the lyrics are 100% about how you should have anal sex at least once each summer. :laugh: And there are no double meanings or anything implied in them, it's full-on explicit.

There's nothing NSFW in the video though.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Been digging Larkin Poe for a while now. They do some really wicked covers as well. A couple of sisters doing it fine! They're the real deal.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
@ Dorian2
I've been a big Gojira fan for quite some time. Magma (latest album) is fantastic, but I prefer the previous one "L'Enfant Sauvage." Both excellent.

I know you're a guitar enthusiast, not sure if you've ever listened to The Faceless, but their guitar player/band leader Michael Keene is a really wicked guitarist. It's pretty heavy stuff, but he's been leaning in a bit more proggy direction lately. Check out their latest song "Black Star" (nothing to do with the Malmsteen track lol).

If you like heavier stuff, I'd also suggest Born of Osiris. Really good guitar work.

@ Yukoner
Been a huge Mastodon fan for quite some time. When they were here with Opeth and Ghost a few years ago I got a chance to buy Brann Dailor a beer and talk music with him. Coolest guy ever. He was just wandering around the crowd while watching Opeth.

They have a 3 song EP coming out in October, must have had a lot of material left over from Emperor of Sand. "Toe to Toes" is the track they already released from the EP.

Primus is releasing a new album next week with the original lineup. "The Desaturating Seven." Really stoked for that.

Reactions: Dorian2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->