OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Have a blast!

Billy Joel always puts on a great show.

And if you run into the guitar tech roadie ‘Chainsaw’….tell him hello from YEG for me.

I worked under him as a local crew setting up and taking down the stage maybe 12 years ago or so and he sang this tune:

Thanks @Morpheus

We enjoyed the show. Both acts were topshelf. Billy Joel is an absolute showman and had a great set. I didnt see Chainsaw, but I saw a lot of 60-70 year old women that thought they were 17 based in how they dressed. I saw enough wrinkled cleavage to last me a liftetime.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Toby Keith passes away at age 62 from stomach cancer. Tough one, really liked his down to earth songs and sassy attitude, will miss him.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Hey @Drivesaitl

A little late to report but the Blue Oyster Cult show at the end of January was superb.

No frills.
No backing tracks.
Excellent set list and the guitar work was amazing. Buck Dharma was so effortless and smooth, he is still one of the best.
Even the new guy that played guitar was smoking.
I’d estimate the crowd at about 70% full at the Cree.
And it was loud loud loud!!
Glad I had cheap seats in the back row.
The peeps in the front rows likely went deaf 30 seconds in.

Only complaints:
No merchandise booth…missed opportunity there I would have bought another T-shirt, same with my friend.

I did like the no frills approach but the background was kinda lame and dated, would have preferred some lasers, I’m sure they have some kicking around some warehouse in queens or Long Island.

Set list:
  1. The Red & the Black
  2. Before the Kiss, a Redcap
  3. Dancin' in the Ruins
  4. Career of Evil
  5. Golden Age of Leather
  6. That Was Me
  7. Burnin' for You
  8. Cagey Cretins
  9. Harvest Moon
  10. E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)
  11. Tainted Blood
  12. Then Came the Last Days of May
  13. Godzilla
  14. (Don't Fear) The Reaper
  15. Encore:
  16. Hot Rails to Hell
  17. Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Now I've gone down a rabbit hole. Forgot all about this one. This might be his best work:

From possibly the greatest film ever. Kung Fury. A Miami cop gets hit by lightning and bit by a cobra at the same time and gains super kung fu powers. He then hacks his way back in time to kill Hitler. The full 30 minute movie is on Youtube if anyone is bored haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobieque

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hey @Drivesaitl

A little late to report but the Blue Oyster Cult show at the end of January was superb.

No frills.
No backing tracks.
Excellent set list and the guitar work was amazing. Buck Dharma was so effortless and smooth, he is still one of the best.
Even the new guy that played guitar was smoking.
I’d estimate the crowd at about 70% full at the Cree.
And it was loud loud loud!!
Glad I had cheap seats in the back row.
The peeps in the front rows likely went deaf 30 seconds in.

Only complaints:
No merchandise booth…missed opportunity there I would have bought another T-shirt, same with my friend.

I did like the no frills approach but the background was kinda lame and dated, would have preferred some lasers, I’m sure they have some kicking around some warehouse in queens or Long Island.

Set list:
  1. The Red & the Black
  2. Before the Kiss, a Redcap
  3. Dancin' in the Ruins
  4. Career of Evil
  5. Golden Age of Leather
  6. That Was Me
  7. Burnin' for You
  8. Cagey Cretins
  9. Harvest Moon
  10. E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)
  11. Tainted Blood
  12. Then Came the Last Days of May
  13. Godzilla
  14. (Don't Fear) The Reaper
  15. Encore:
  16. Hot Rails to Hell
  17. Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll
Thanks man. So much material they have and looks as if they are staying mostly with their classics setlist. Still, I could do without Dancin in the Ruins being on there. Just thought that was another in a series of shark jump songs. Not familiar with Tainted Blood either. I never got into their last albums. Pretty much the last track that hit with me was Take me Away. Also still liked them during Burning for you and Black Blade stage.

Strange not to play Astronomy or Veteran of the Psychic Wars which have been live staples and showcasing Buck Dharma solos. Looking at that setlist they start out strong with two great tracks, then a miss, then Career of Evil and Leather. That was me is another miss to me. Then the rest pretty good tracks. Any medleys including covers in this show?

Thanks again. Been 10yrs since I've seen them.

Reactions: Morpheus

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Now I've gone down a rabbit hole. Forgot all about this one. This might be his best work:

From possibly the greatest film ever. Kung Fury. A Miami cop gets hit by lightning and bit by a cobra at the same time and gains super kung fu powers. He then hacks his way back in time to kill Hitler. The full 30 minute movie is on Youtube if anyone is bored haha.

At the office, we just had two grueling days setting out goals and KPI's this year. The CEO is Chinese, and he was yelling throughout the two days : "I am tired of words! We need ACTION! ACTION! ACTION!"

I just sent this to half the meeting attendees. All of us can't stop laughing. Awesome find, thanks so much for posting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad