OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Crazy times. This was an anthem when I was growing up. Everyone sang it, and I mean EVERYONE. Even the so called fat bottomed girls chimed in as it brought them inclusivity and acceptance of some note. Now, it eventually will be erased from all musical libraries. Except mine. I think I'll start lists of all things cancelled, (like a time capsule), and someday, generations will open it and go," hey that's pretty good shit, or he wasn't a terrible guy, by today's standards."

Can't believe they haven't erased Toby Keith's "Runnin' Block" yet.

Back in Black is next to be erased….

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So I'm just on this song sidebar and figured it would be fun to go back to Black Oak Arkansas to see what Greatest hits songs would be allowed today.

Album called Raunch N Roll. lol, they knew what they were.

Hot and Nasty. no, um no
Hot rod. look up the lyrics haha
Gigolo nuf said
Gettin Kinda Cocky. ummmm
Up hahaha
Mutants of the monster disturbing themes
When Electricity came to Arkansas. I'm not touching this one.

LOL this whole live album would be thrown in jail today. Was a good live band.

Perhaps ironically on the inner sleeve of album they had a picture of the band playing with the local police making them nervous before a show.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Effing perve with his hand up finnigans dress...

Don't get me started on the symbolism of Jerome the Giraffe. Ps don't look in the moat.
What about Rusty the Rooster in that book bag And the “Friendly” Giant reaching in to grab a fe**, er I mean book! Yikes. You are destroying my childhood memories, dang you! :)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone going to the Meshuggah/In Flames show in November? I don't know Meshuggah all that well, but i f***ing love In Flames. One of my favourite metal bands of all time.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The new Stones album (Hackney Diamonds) is still a few days from release but if you like these boys as much as I do then check out the new single that's showing up on YouTube today.

"Sweet Sounds of Heaven" is a first class song and the best new Stones tune I've heard since the days of "Tattoo You" back in the 80's.

It is very soulful and would sound right at home on "Sticky Fingers" or "Exile on Main St."

The run they have had for the last 60 years is beyond the pale. Jumping Jack Flash just turned 80 but sounds like he might be half that age. Who says you should die before you get old?

Reactions: Messrules11

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_3749.jpeg

March 6 2024 in YEG

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I swear Mr Dressup would probably get cancelled nowadays.
I thought it was OK to be fat bottomed now. Which way is up, I'm having trouble keeping up. How would this song be shame when its not shaming, its apllauding, and when there is no fat shaming?

I'm trying too hard to circumnavigate the logic.

That said I don't think its one of their best or that Bicycle song. That was an earworm...

holy f***. looks like a show. Love all those acts.

They'll be no ear drums intact after that one.

I just don't get that a bill of Ministry, Gary Numan, and Front Line assembly are on a club tour. They deserve better venue but this is apparently not music that gets appreciated today. I would prefer this at Rogers Place over most of what they book these days.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Maaaann. Tool last night in Vancouver.

Inf***ingcredible.

Went from the nosebleeds to being upgraded to row 5 lower bowl right beside the stage. Felt like a giddy little child.

Amazing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Saw the Doobies on Tuesday night at Rogers. Fantastic concert, no fluff, just lots of great music. One thing though, was disappointed not to see Tom Johnston (again). Issues with his back this time, and wasn't ready for the big tour in time.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Saw the Doobies on Tuesday night at Rogers. Fantastic concert, no fluff, just lots of great music. One thing though, was disappointed not to see Tom Johnston (again). Issues with his back this time, and wasn't ready for the big tour in time.
I was there as well.
I enjoyed the playlist as there were a number of deep tracks that a person wouldn’t be familiar with if they only had a greatest hits album.
Barely smelt any second hand doobie smoke tho…

Reactions: Stoneman89

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Saw Maiden at Rogers a month ago (Sept 30 - great show) picked up my tickets on fan club presale today for Vegas Oct 4 and Toronto Oct 26 next year! With any luck I’ll see them in Europe sometime in the summer too when visiting our son & his family in Belgium on our annual trip over there!

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
67A3EEB3-4F5E-461A-AAC5-331868AF87D0.jpeg

For anyone who enjoys modern hard rock this Sophie Lloyd is an amazing guitarist who just put out an album featuring lots of rocks biggest names

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
View attachment 766970
For anyone who enjoys modern hard rock this Sophie Lloyd is an amazing guitarist who just put out an album featuring lots of rocks biggest names
She is an amazing guitarist. Another female guitar player of note is orianthi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad