OT: Music 6

Bahama Mama

Sunny days
Oct 12, 2022
Winding Bay
April Wine was a fun evening out seeing them,saw them a few times at arenas in their heydays and smaller clubs. Jerry Mercer drum solos were epic.

I understand about those bands you mentioned,it's just not the same at all. The original vocalist in most cases are part of the lore,the attraction. who's going to see the Stones if Mick wasn't there,

Reactions: FFHockey

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
April Wine was a fun evening out seeing them,saw them a few times at arenas in their heydays and smaller clubs. Jerry Mercer drum solos were epic.

I understand about those bands you mentioned,it's just not the same at all. The original vocalist in most cases are part of the lore,the attraction. who's going to see the Stones if Mick wasn't there,
Agreed and speaking of the Stones.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Unless I've missed it (and I even did a couple searches), no one's posted the last Beatles song we'll ever hear (which is a bit surprising as I know I'm not the only old fart on here). I personally love it. I was born across the river from Liverpool 5 years before Beatlemania and remember the time very well. I think this cleverly done song and video captures some of the magic that was The Beatles. (Following it is a short film about how and why it was made.)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
At work today we were discussing bands where all the original members are dead, and Lynyrd Skynyrd came up. I didn’t realize they were all gone now. Listened to Sweet Home Alabama for the first time in a long while, and wow, it’s more than just a good guitar solo. It’s groovy.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
i have a 19 year old nephew who aspires to make music. He recently invested several thousand dollars in having vinyl records printed. I told him it was a bad idea. I don't think there is demand to sell physical media of his music, because no one likes it. I want to talk to him about it in an understanding and sympathetic way without hurting his feelings, but the damage has already been done. He had them printed, which I think is a shame. For reference, this is what he had printed: The Very Best of Jim E. Brown, by Jim E. Brown

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
i have a 19 year old nephew who aspires to make music. He recently invested several thousand dollars in having vinyl records printed. I told him it was a bad idea. I don't think there is demand to sell physical media of his music, because no one likes it. I want to talk to him about it in an understanding and sympathetic way without hurting his feelings, but the damage has already been done. He had them printed, which I think is a shame. For reference, this is what he had printed: The Very Best of Jim E. Brown, by Jim E. Brown
Oh gee, another guy who wants to be Mark E. Smith. Hopefully he at least knows who that is, unlike all the brain-dead under-30's who think whatever new yeller that comes out of the U.K. is some kind of prophet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad