OT: Music 6

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
@Inanna should have told us about her dancing with Bruce.:laugh:

My mom used to buy all his CDs and I remember her dancing to his music in the basement when she'd do laundry.

Then she decreed we girls could do our own laundry.

Maybe that's why I've never danced to The Boss.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My mom used to buy all his CDs and I remember her dancing to his music in the basement when she'd do laundry.

Then she decreed we girls could do our own laundry.

Maybe that's why I've never danced to The Boss.
Mom has great music taste. :nod:

Reactions: Inanna

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Mom has great music taste. :nod:
Not really. She also played a lot Led Zeppelin and Aussie Osborne. Dad was mostly Beatles and Rolling Stones.

It's a wonder their marriage has lasted so long.

Then again, my older (30) sister is a huge Beyonce fan (gag) and somebody still married her.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Bahama Mama

Sunny days
Oct 12, 2022
Winding Bay
One of my favorite AC/DC songs , apparently they are announcing a world tour today. :nod:

Good dance song! much better with Bon though.Brain struggles with any material from his predecessor.

There are some among us, including myself, who grew up way back in the 1970s and watched shows like Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and The Midnight Special.

On YouTube, I recently came across a channel for The Midnight Special that features complete episodes, including this one that I watched today ...

This particularly episode was epic. Apparently it's the only time a band got a standing ovation. Talent off the charts.

I forgot to put in the video:dunce:

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not really. She also played a lot Led Zeppelin and Aussie Osborne. Dad was mostly Beatles and Rolling Stones.

It's a wonder their marriage has lasted so long.

Then again, my older (30) sister is a huge Beyonce fan (gag) and somebody still married her.
Wait, the grammar queen wrote "Aussie" Osborne? :laugh: Yes, I know it is not a grammatical error, it is nevertheless delicious.

Your parents had great taste in music and I don't think as disparate as you seem to, though your mom is probably tougher. ;)

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Wait, the grammar queen wrote "Aussie" Osborne? :laugh: Yes, I know it is not a grammatical error, it is nevertheless delicious.

Your parents had great taste in music and I don't think as disparate as you seem to, though your mom is probably tougher. ;)
No, I'm not a grammar queen. I ignore thousands of mistakes in here and only point out a typo or grammatical error when there's a pun or joke or dirty entendre to be made. I got Osbourne's name wrong because he was long before my time and I never liked the racket he made.

Mom was tougher (and still is!) in most things and, partly because of dad's long clinic hours, was also the disciplinarian. But when your mom grades papers with "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Magic Man" blaring out of her den, you knew not to disturb her even if one of your sisters was ransacking your closet.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Mom was tougher (and still is!) in most things and, partly because of dad's long clinic hours, was also the disciplinarian. But when your mom grades papers with "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Magic Man" blaring out of her den, you knew not to disturb her even if one of your sisters was ransacking your closet.
God, the fights our girls used to have over clothes. First one up was the best one dressed sounds funny now but during those teen years they used to scream at each other. All 3 are married now and 2 are raising families but I would've put money on a homicide back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad