Confirmed with Link: Murray steps down, Dorion is our new GM

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Wowzers!

What I like about these posts is that they would be the exact types of post we would see if we had a competition for who could make up the craziest thought trails based on a single Dorian presser. The fact that these are real posts makes this thread extra special, the very definition for why you "never go full ******".

Also, it is a bit frightening to have a front row seat to how twisted people's thoughts can actual get when they have a genuine dislike that needs feeding. I wouldn't wanted to be the one looking up the barrel at such folks...

To me he sounded like a real live man sharing his opinions on his first day on the job, and then a real live man showing tremendous emotion while discussing his father role model retiring (unspokenly due at least in part to his terminal cancer). I found it all quite touching actually and authentic, and found his take on the team and it's immediate future reassuring and decisive.

I often wonder what my take on things says about me....

Well said.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Some of you guys take press conferences way to seriously.

It's like when everyone wets themselves when a new coach or GM gets hired because they like what he has to say. "Did you hear what our new coach said? He said his goal is to win the Stanley Cup! I love this guy."

What a new coach or GM says in their very first press conference has very little bearing on what kind of job he will end up doing. I mean, don't they all pretty much say the same things anyway? "I'm a passionate person who wants to win, and my goal is to bring a championship to this city" or some variation of that.

For the record, I liked what Dorion has said since being named GM, and I'm not sure why he is even being criticized.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's like when everyone wets themselves when a new coach or GM gets hired because they like what he has to say. "Did you hear what our new coach said? He said his goal is to win the Stanley Cup! I love this guy."

What a new coach or GM says in their very first press conference has very little bearing on what kind of job he will end up doing. I mean, don't they all pretty much say the same things anyway? "I'm a passionate person who wants to win, and my goal is to bring a championship to this city" or some variation of that.

For the record, I liked what Dorion has said since being named GM, and I'm not sure why he is even being criticized.

Actions speak louder than words so we just gotta wait and see.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
For all the Tim Murray 'shippers, did you all forget that he tried to hire Pierre Dorion as his assistant GM?

I mean, if he's good enough for the walking God that is TM, he should be good enough for us?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think we can close this thread with my final piece to this topic.

There's a time for love and a time for living.
You take a chance and face the wind.
An open road and a road that's hidden
A brand new life around the bend.

There were times when I lost a dream or two.
Found the trail, and at the end was you.
There's a path you take and a path untaken
The choice is up to you my friend.

Nights are long but you might awaken
To a brand new life,
Brand new life,
Brand new life around the bend.

Goodnight everyone.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I think we can close this thread with my final piece to this topic.

There's a time for love and a time for living.
You take a chance and face the wind.
An open road and a road that's hidden
A brand new life around the bend.

There were times when I lost a dream or two.
Found the trail, and at the end was you.
There's a path you take and a path untaken
The choice is up to you my friend.

Nights are long but you might awaken
To a brand new life,
Brand new life,
Brand new life around the bend.

Goodnight everyone.

Sha na na naaaaa

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
For all the Tim Murray 'shippers, did you all forget that he tried to hire Pierre Dorion as his assistant GM?

I mean, if he's good enough for the walking God that is TM, he should be good enough for us?

Tim MurrY has built a good team but trading so much for Evander Kane is going to hurt that team. Kane isn't even that impressive and you Abe his attitude to deal with for a few more years.

Also you'd think TM would of been shy to trade for a goalie with an ankle injury after Pascal Leclaire, hopefully Lehner doesn't have weak ankles because that trade isn't looking very hot right now as well.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tim MurrY has built a good team but trading so much for Evander Kane is going to hurt that team. Kane isn't even that impressive and you Abe his attitude to deal with for a few more years.

Also you'd think TM would of been shy to trade for a goalie with an ankle injury after Pascal Leclaire, hopefully Lehner doesn't have weak ankles because that trade isn't looking very hot right now as well.

Evander Kane was the hardest working player almost every night after TM spoke with him. According to TM and buff fans that is.
20goals in 65gms, hard worker, hard to play against, very young. 18 in last 39 or something like that?
It was not a mistake getting him.
No one remembers bogosian I guess. He was part of the trade too eh. 7g 24pts in 64gms
He plays top mins for them.
Again I don't want to keep defending the guy but when people don't know what they're talking about an keep talking,...I guess I'll keep defending the guy.
(I assume you're joking about lehner)

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Evander Kane was the hardest working player almost every night after TM spoke with him. According to TM and buff fans that is.
20goals in 65gms, hard worker, hard to play against, very young. 18 in last 39 or something like that?
It was not a mistake getting him.
No one remembers bogosian I guess. He was part of the trade too eh. 7g 24pts in 64gms
He plays top mins for them.
Again I don't want to keep defending the guy but when people don't know what they're talking about an keep talking,...I guess I'll keep defending the guy.
(I assume you're joking about lehner)

Evander Kane is an ass and an underachiever. 35 points with that skill set, that's an underachievement,

And him missing practice, the sexual assault thing, his teammates in Winnipeg hated him and kicked him of the team and forced management to trade him.

He has a ton of skill, but lots of players do. Between the ears Kane is a problem

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Pretty sure Lehner's ankle injury was incurred after Tmurr traded for him,

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pretty sure Lehner's ankle injury was incurred after Tmurr traded for him,

More along the lines of trading for an often injured goalie with talent but nt the best conditioning. He got burnt once with Leclaire and traded away an excellent top 6 forward for him. He could very well get burnt by this Lehner deal, it's a lot to give up for a goalie who has spent a lot of time injured

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
More along the lines of trading for an often injured goalie with talent but nt the best conditioning. He got burnt once with Leclaire and traded away an excellent top 6 forward for him. He could very well get burnt by this Lehner deal, it's a lot to give up for a goalie who has spent a lot of time injured

They will not get burnt because they luckily have Linus Ullmark who is going to be a great goalie.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Am I allowed to be fine with Dorion as GM and still like Tim Murray's work thus far in Buffalo?

Or is that a no go?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

He gave up a late first round pick for Lehner.

Yes, the Senators took Colin White who is looking like he'll be an NHLer, but when you consider what a gamble a 21st overall pick is, it was perfectly acceptable to transfer that gamble from being used on an 18 year old prospect to being used on a 23 year old goalie. If Lehner with his current resume was magically draft eligible in 2015, Murray would have selected him with that pick.

People also forget how often GMs get burned looking for elite goalies. It happens because you have to take a risk on goalies before they hit that elite status because very rarely will a goalie who is elite hit the open market. They are never traded, and never hit free agency.

Look at Yzerman, he got a steal for Bishop because Conacher was a flash in the pan, but before that, he gave up three good draft picks (a high second, late second, high third) for Lindback who was a bust.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00