MTS Centre Upgrades - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
As per the food service in the Loge seats.... it went exactly as I thought it would...

Servers taking orders while the play is ongoing... Servers delivering food / drinks while the play is ongoing... Servers blocking peoples' view of the nets while play is ongoing.

I understand no plan works perfectly, but does anyone at TNSE even think " what might be bad about this idea " before rushing to implement it?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
As per the food service in the Loge seats.... it went exactly as I thought it would...

Servers taking orders while the play is ongoing... Servers delivering food / drinks while the play is ongoing... Servers blocking peoples' view of the nets while play is ongoing.

I understand no plan works perfectly, but does anyone at TNSE even think " what might be bad about this idea " before rushing to implement it?

$$$$$ though. Need to improve HRR at all costs

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
The person in my group that was at the Home Opener implied that the Loge in-seat service was only available for the 1st Period. However, perhaps it was a veiled complaint about how he would have preferred better service, he's kind of like that.

We'll see how the bugs are worked out. I'm looking forward to try it out for myself next home game.

He did also note that the concourses seemed really packed due to the no re-entry policy only adding to the motivation to use in-seat service.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The person in my group that was at the Home Opener implied that the Loge in-seat service was only available for the 1st Period. However, perhaps it was a veiled complaint about how he would have preferred better service, he's kind of like that.

We'll see how the bugs are worked out. I'm looking forward to try it out for myself next home game.

He did also note that the concourses seemed really packed due to the no re-entry policy only adding to the motivation to use in-seat service.

There was loge service in the 2nd period. A server blocked my view of the net for most of it.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

There doesn't appear to be any time restriction. People in the Loge in front of me were still getting beers in the 3rd period. It would be better if the people ordering food could do it thru an app and pay thru an app....because the longest time that the server is standing in the Loge is when taking orders and receiving payments thru Interact or whatever card. Change that would eliminate a large part of the problem. The actual delivery of the food / drink was rather quick.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
MTS Upgrades are fantastic. Looks beautiful and it was a huge success in changing the image of the arena.

BUT......

The policy of no-returns is going to ruin the game-day experience. The lineups are atrocious and to move around the concourse (lower) is completely ridiculous. People sitting around me
missed majority of a period waiting for food which is completely unacceptable. Allowing fans to leave might hurt True Norths bottom line by a few thousand dollars not the millions and will make
the experience more enjoyable.

The long-lines are completely True Norths fault. They hire incompetent staff that take way too long to service the food. 2 employees having a conversation for 30 seconds about something personal/work related infuriated me when standing in line for a hot dog. Then she had to ask a stupid question and waited and waited and waited instead of just serving people and getting food and just wait for her co-employee to give her an answer that was totally not relevant to her job. Also the same person basically read off the entire menu for 1 minute for someone thinking she was doing a great service.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH LONG LINEUPS. Same thing at bomber games. But look at the type of employees they get. there is your answer.

Concourse issue. Can easily be resolved.

One of the main reasons they do not want re-entry is to let staff go early. That is a fact.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Happy to see Freshii available in the upper concourse. $10 got me a tasty and relatively healthy burrito, instead of a nasty hot dog.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
There doesn't appear to be any time restriction. People in the Loge in front of me were still getting beers in the 3rd period. It would be better if the people ordering food could do it thru an app and pay thru an app....because the longest time that the server is standing in the Loge is when taking orders and receiving payments thru Interact or whatever card. Change that would eliminate a large part of the problem. The actual delivery of the food / drink was rather quick.

Have you shared your thoughts with your Jets ticket rep? Change comes from within.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I ordered a Bodycheck chicken burger with ketchup and mustard before the game started and a Hero Burger for my guest. Well when they finally delivered them at the end of the first period, the Hero Burger magically transformed into a veggie burger and the ketchup and mustard on my cold $17 chicken burger didn’t get the memo! My guest was so hungry that he decided to eat the mistake and well let’s just say that no offer to make it right ever came. To top it all off the second round of drinks we ordered at the end of the first when we got the first drinks and burgers, only came in the 3rd period.

Needless to say they have A LOT of bugs to work out. It’s quite obvious that the staff is incompetent and unprepared. What gets me is why they didn’t use the pre-season as a training period to work out the bugs. Utilizing an app would streamline and simplify everything and just make everything more efficient. Really have to wonder what kind of managers TNSE has in place. They would best be served to have someone troll these boards. I suggested the app idea on the summer for the love of God!!!

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I ordered a Bodycheck chicken burger with ketchup and mustard before the game started and a Hero Burger for my guest. Well when they finally delivered them at the end of the first period, the Hero Burger magically transformed into a veggie burger and the ketchup and mustard on my cold $17 chicken burger didn’t get the memo! My guest was so hungry that he decided to eat the mistake and well let’s just say that no offer to make it right ever came. To top it all off the second round of drinks we ordered at the end of the first when we got the first drinks and burgers, only came in the 3rd period.

Needless to say they have A LOT of bugs to work out. It’s quite obvious that the staff is incompetent and unprepared. What gets me is why they didn’t use the pre-season as a training period to work out the bugs. Utilizing an app would streamline and simplify everything and just make everything more efficient. Really have to wonder what kind of managers TNSE has in place. They would best be served to have someone troll these boards. I suggested the app idea on the summer for the love of God!!!

Sounds to me like Maurice is in charge of that too.

ukrainianjet

Aug 10, 2012
Designated driver booth for a free soda voucher is now located on the atrium near the eaton statue. No more booths at both guest services locations. One location for entire arena.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Designated driver booth for a free soda voucher is now located on the atrium near the eaton statue. No more booths at both guest services locations. One location for entire arena.

Thanks... Couldn't find it in the 300s last game. Can you get there from the 300 level easily? Because once you are in the building you are in...

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
By the sound of it the in-seat service is off to the same rough start as the team on the ice.
With the extra crowded concourse due to the no re-entry, I was looking forward to the in-seat service.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I was at the Observation Bar between the 1st and 2nd... there were about 25+ drinks on the bar waiting to be delivered to loge customers. They never moved during the intermission.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was at the Observation Bar between the 1st and 2nd... there were about 25+ drinks on the bar waiting to be delivered to loge customers. They never moved during the intermission.

Unlike patrons the staff were allowed to leave the building for a smoke break :sarcasm:

Seriously....probably just growing pains. There will likey be adjustments as the season goes along.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
There is also the elevator by Moxie's. I'm starting to think you aren't actually the arena.
why would you take the elevator? that would take you an hour to get on. You can also climb the walls if you have the skill.

Just walk w/ the crowd to your upper deck and you will see it. If you have any questions go to the nearest wall and ask for me.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Nice paint and LED indirect lights, now only if the concourse was more than 6’ wide.
Man it’s not a nice experience at intermission

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
MTS Upgrades are fantastic. Looks beautiful and it was a huge success in changing the image of the arena.

BUT......

The policy of no-returns is going to ruin the game-day experience. The lineups are atrocious and to move around the concourse (lower) is completely ridiculous. People sitting around me
missed majority of a period waiting for food which is completely unacceptable. Allowing fans to leave might hurt True Norths bottom line by a few thousand dollars not the millions and will make
the experience more enjoyable.

The long-lines are completely True Norths fault. They hire incompetent staff that take way too long to service the food. 2 employees having a conversation for 30 seconds about something personal/work related infuriated me when standing in line for a hot dog. Then she had to ask a stupid question and waited and waited and waited instead of just serving people and getting food and just wait for her co-employee to give her an answer that was totally not relevant to her job. Also the same person basically read off the entire menu for 1 minute for someone thinking she was doing a great service.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH LONG LINEUPS. Same thing at bomber games. But look at the type of employees they get. there is your answer.

Concourse issue. Can easily be resolved.

One of the main reasons they do not want re-entry is to let staff go early. That is a fact.
So true about the staff...many old fossils working there that are slow as molasses.
And some kiosks are volunteers which don't give a rats ass either

Reactions: BellMTSPlace

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
why would you take the elevator? that would take you an hour to get on.

It doesn't. Been taking the elevator since moving into the loge since it lets out right near our entrance, and now, right beside a good bar where I can stop and grab my first beer before heading to our seats. Few people use it. I expect most people haven't even noticed it's there. They just go through the detectors and make a bee line for the escalators. Fine with me, hope it stays that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad