Confirmed Trade: [MTL/WSH] Jakub Jerabek for 2019 5th round pick

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
So it's going to be that kind of trade deadline for the habs again eh? Grrreeeeeaaaaat.....

Elfward7

Jun 24, 2016
How many contracts does MTL have? What if it’s related to a greater trade. I doubt it though. Mediocrity likely continues.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
is Bergevin good at anything other than wasting time with marginal grinder players trades that seem to do nothing for the Habs other than remind him of his own status as a nothing player of no significance

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
From what I've seen, Caps should put almost anyone in the lineup instead of Bowey. If they have any hope to make it past the 2nd rd they shouldn't have him among their best 6 D come playoffs time. He's that bad. Of course, I would get rid of Orpik first but who cares anymore, that contract is unmovable unless you adding a 1st to it.

Reactions: Kuzya daddy

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
He was. :dunno:

To be fair, that probably says more about our defense than it does about Jerabek, but he seems like a solid 3rd pairing PMD nonetheless.

Julien hates pmd. To play on his third pairing you need to be a very responsible, veteran pmd who is past his prime and lost a bit more than 1/2 a step.

Reactions: montreal

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
is Bergevin good at anything other than wasting time with marginal grinder players trades that seem to do nothing for the Habs other than remind him of his own status as a nothing player of no significance
He already told you, trades are hard. Set your expectations accordingly.

Also, he's fantastic at getting 3rd and 5th round picks.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Julien hates pmd. To play on his third pairing you need to be a very responsible, veteran pmd who is past his prime and lost a bit more than 1/2 a step.

ummm... didn't he bring in Krug in Boston? He also seems to like Mete...

Jerebek made some big mistakes with the habs... and this team is very fragile and crap... he'll do better on WAS, but I don't blame Julien for not playing him more. Plus he's UFA in July.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He is ok he is ufa so no we got something for him

I woulda kept a jerabek-Juulsen pairing in the future and keep Morrow as a 7th d

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
ummm... didn't he bring in Krug in Boston? He also seems to like Mete...

Jerebek made some big mistakes with the habs... and this team is very fragile and crap... he'll do better on WAS, but I don't blame Julien for not playing him more. Plus he's UFA in July.

Krug is literally the only exception. All other pmds were ignored and had the corpse of Andrew meszarosh play over them.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Really liked what I saw from Jerabek at Laval, don't understand why they didn't play him more in the NHL but they suck at developing players so I guess I'm not surprised. Good luck to him with the Caps.
Bergevin and Julien really seem to have trouble these days, with their judgements...this guy is better than Morrow, Benn, and Schlemko...and yet they didn't play him?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Jerabek must jumping up and down with joy right now. He just left the most dysfunctional team in the league.

Maybe he'll still end up a bust but at least, he won't sit for inferior players like Schlemko, Morrow and the multi-million pylon, Karl Alzner.

Of all the guys on the D squad, they trade Jerabek, the least bad. But you guessed it - Julien didn't like him.

I heard he didn't like Russians too that is why the Habs lost Sergachev, Radulov, Markov and Emelin last summer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bergevin and Julien really seem to have trouble these days, with their judgements...this guy is better than Morrow, Benn, and Schlemko...and yet they didn't play him?

maybe they are too old school? I don't know what they are doing but it's not just Jerabek that should have played more. Not only should Carr be playing every game, he should have been called up much sooner since he was playing great in the AHL and they so badly needed scoring at a time when the season wasn't already over. DLR even though he has really struggled to do much of anything should be playing every game as well since what do you have to lose, more games? Just don't get what they are trying to do, guess we'll see how it works out.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
maybe they are too old school? I don't know what they are doing but it's not just Jerabek that should have played more. Not only should Carr be playing every game, he should have been called up much sooner since he was playing great in the AHL and they so badly needed scoring at a time when the season wasn't already over. DLR even though he has really struggled to do much of anything should be playing every game as well since what do you have to lose, more games? Just don't get what they are trying to do, guess we'll see how it works out.
It's been hard to keep the faith, and trust these guys to make the right decisions...

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I thought he was a great player from what habs fans said before? What happened? He sucks? Never trust homers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad