Habs D Depth.

Petry
Mete
Jerabek
Alzner
Benn
Morrow

Therefore he's a #3D... :sarcasm:

In reality he skates well and made very few errors this year with the habs (one of the few D that's true for). Good depth pickup for the Caps.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Decent trade for both teams. If you give Jerabek a chance on the bottom pairing he'll impress you, he definitely has some offensive potential that he didn't really show in Montreal.

And to the Habs fans complaining... he was a UFA and had no reason to re-sign with us, Morrow is worse but he has no value, might as well pick up a free asset

Who's fault is that?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Probably the annoying fanbase that throws a hissy fit over every little thing... either that or #Bergevin, that's probably the answer you were looking for

Just answer the question.

Why wouldn't Jerabek re-sign after coming over from Europe to sign with us? What changed?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This is a lot of drama or a meh player of the bottom pairing variety.
He’s a dime a dozen player who is easily replaceable, so who cares.
The Habs are stacked full of this type of player, both forward and defence, thanks to Marc Bargainbin and his dumpster diving fetish.

Reactions: Benstheman

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Just answer the question.

Why wouldn't Jerabek re-sign after coming over from Europe to sign with us? What changed?

Because the team is garbage and he couldn't crack our lineup even though we have a bottom-5 defense. Why would he come back if he couldn't make our team? You can blame this one on CJ if you want

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Not many Habs fans will fake joy over this trade. Most on Player discussion thread were fine with him as a cheap 3rd pair dman with some skill.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The short answer...yes, Orpik/Bowey have been bad. He has the tools to be a decent NHLer someday, but he needs more development..

At the Jets/Capitals game, I noticed that he skates beautifully, super competitive, and has good puck handling. But what stands out to me is he often overdoes it and messes up badly, which leads him to his emotions getting to him.

Reactions: Kuzya daddy

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Jerebek is a tweener. This is a good move both ways. The Caps get some insurance cheap and the habs get a pick.

Jerebek has good vision and very good passing skills, but he doesn't move very well and he is prone to pretty bad blunders from time to time.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
At the Jets/Capitals game, I noticed that he skates beautifully, super competitive, and has good puck handling. But what stands out to me is he often overdoes it and messes up badly, which leads him to his emotions getting to him.

who skates beautifully?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He could be nothing or a good cheap reliable botter pairing with a bit of mobility. Not sure why we didn't give him more games/minutes to see what we had, instead of playing guys like Morrow, Benn and even Davidson (early on) so often.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
The short answer...yes, Orpik/Bowey have been bad. He has the tools to be a decent NHLer someday, but he needs more development..

You could just as easily frame this as... he isn't good enough yet to make up for Orpik...

With a more competent partner... who knows...

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Not what I would've done but, meh. I would've extended him 1 year to get a longer look at him especially where it's his first year in the NHL and he's getting used to the smaller ice and the speed of the game. Perhaps Bergevin and him couldn't agree on an extension. If that's the case, good deal for both teams.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He really should've seen more ice time than he got in Montreal. On my dmen-to-be-traded list he wasn't even close to the top. I guess he was just easier to trade than Benn and Schlemko because of the contract situation which I understand but the fact that we're STILL having Morrow in there is just beyond me. First Davidson, then Jerabek, I guess MB's gonna trade Mete next to make sure Morrow has his spot in our roster.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Solid depth trade for the Caps. As a Habs fan, I'm kind of sorry to see him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad