Proposal: Mtl - Van

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes ok Habs fans lol. I wouldn't do it either.

In what world is Drouin who has 2 goals this year by the way and .62ppg over the last 3yrs in the same tier as a guy who can play centre is one of the best faceoff guys, kills penalties and has a ppg of .83.
Like i fully understand he's a local guy and being a fan of him and not wanting to mess with chemistry or whatever but in terms of sheer player to player evaluation it would be like the Canuck fans saying we wouldn't want to move Virtanen .38 for Josh Anderson .49 and that gap is even closer.

madness

Reactions: Cogburn

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Good thing because Montreal wouldn't trade Suzuki when the main piece coming back is JT freakin Miller, let alone if he's the only piece lol

Suzuki >> Miller AINEC
Nick Suzuki Stats and News
J.T. Miller Stats and News

Miller is Stronger, Better Defensively, Better Offensively, Can play both the Wing and CENTER Positions at a top line level.

The only think Suzuki has on Miller is Age, and Miller is not exactly Old either at 28.
Will Suzuki be a great player? Absolutely.
Is he worth more, or is better than Miller right now?
Not on this earth or any other.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Nick Suzuki Stats and News
J.T. Miller Stats and News

Miller is Stronger, Better Defensively, Better Offensively, Can play both the Wing and CENTER Positions at a top line level.

The only think Suzuki has on Miller is Age, and Miller is not exactly Old either at 28.
Will Suzuki be a great player? Absolutely.
Is he worth more, or is better than Miller right now?
Not on this earth or any other.

21 years of age. Not even near his prime yet.
He's a natural center, too boot.
His value >>> JT Miller, hands down

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm a big Miller fan, but I think Montreal hangs onto Drouin with how well he has played this year. I also don't think they move Ylonen, I can see him playing middle 6 minutes for Montreal next season (hopefully)

Not bad value wise, and pretty well thought out, but I think Montreal keeps Drouin

he has 2 goals and a bunch of secondary assists and is butter soft and one of the worst defensive players in the league.
He hasn't played well because he's a bum. an entitled lazy bum who will NEVER adjust his game because he's convinced that what worked in junior will one day work in the NHL if he just keeps trying it.

how can ANYONE say he's playing well when he's being outscored by all three 4th liners who get way less ice time ? when he isnt scoring there are no other intangibles. he isnt scoring.

inquiring minds want to know !

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't think any Habs fan has been as hard on Drouin as I have the last few years, mostly because I've been watching him since he was a Moosehead and I've always seen the ridiculous natural talent there mixed with his oblivious, nonchalant attitude and refusal to get any better with age and experience...until this year...I've finally seen the Drouin that can & will learn, that cares, and that finally gives it 100% instead of just relying on Natural Talent and no drive or determination...kid's come a long way this year, I don't trade him unless its for a big upgrade in all areas of the game and that's just not J.T. Miller, who's a good young player but not what the Habs need to get to the next level; he's just a mid-range upgrade in an area where they don't need to waste assets upgrading when there are bigger areas of need, like a Top 4 LH PMD...

he has TWO freaking goals and early in the season all he did was parasitize suzuki and anderson with secondary assists. he is being outscored and outplayed ( dramatically) by old man perry.

beleive it or not, the market for a scoring winger who doesnt score or bring anything else when he isnt scoring isn't what it used to be.

he's a bum and the sooner we jettison his lazy ass the better. he is objectively terrible in all 200 feet.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Lol no hed be a 3rd line center on the canucks. To us hes much more valuable and actually puts up huge points unlike suzuki.

Good for you.
Obviously his value is still >> JT Miller tho

And yeah, unlike JT Miller, Suzuki is helping us to make the playoffs, so, it's a wash?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I need to agree with you here Some hab fans are very delusional, At this point in time Miller is better then Drouin for sure but in the future not sure if Miller will be better then Drouin is.
The thing now is Drouin is starting to finally understand that he needs to gives his 100% instead of just relying on Natural Talent and no drive or determination.
he now understands this ?
since when ?
he has ZERO idea what to do without the puck and his decision making with the puck is abysmal. And he's lazy on top of it.

he has two freaking goals and most of his assists are secondary assists.

whether he "tries " now is irrelevant. he's a bum. an entitled bum.

Even if what you said is true ( its not) what does it say that it takes a player 7 freaking years in the league to come to this realization ?

What you see is what you get with drouin, a one dimensional complimentary winger who can only produce with a better center who when he is not scoring, doesnt do much of anything else and has never EVER made his linemates one iota better.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Habs fans couldn't back up the argument with stats, so they just declare (insert Habs player's name) is better regardless of anything and a 1 for 1 trade is laughable.

Seems about right on HFB. :popcorn:

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Good for you.
Obviously his value is still >> JT Miller tho

And yeah, unlike JT Miller, Suzuki is helping us to make the playoffs, so, it's a wash?
No because habs wont do nothing in the playoffs, miller is still way better than suzuki and the habs give 20 mill a year against the cap to 2 guys old as dirt for the next 5 years.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
No because habs wont do nothing in the playoffs, miller is still way better than suzuki and the habs give 20 mill a year against the cap to 2 guys old as dirt for the next 5 years.

Miller is right in his prime, but given the choice, 31 teams out of 31 takes Suzuki for now and and future.

As for the rest, I don't see what's the point? But if we go that way: your team is one Petterson and one Hughes away from being a KHL team bro. We pounded you into the ground, just like every other teams. 20 millions on two older players, but Weber would be first pairing besides Hughes hands down and Demko is having a solid year but Price is the better goalie on a regular basis if we are not living only in the really recent present, and that's not close. One of them is having an arguably HOF career and the other is Demko.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Miller is right in his prime, but given the choice, 31 teams out of 31 takes Suzuki for now and and future.

As for the rest, I don't see what's the point? But if we go that way: your team is one Petterson and one Hughes away from being a KHL team bro. We pounded you into the ground, just like every other teams. 20 millions on two older players, but Weber would be first pairing besides Hughes hands down and Demko is having a solid year but Price is the better goalie on a regular basis if we are not living only in the really recent present, and that's not close. One of them is having an arguably HOF career and the other is Demko.

toffoli is your best player, really all anyone has to say. Have fun now and the future with that but u keep losing to ottawa tho lmao

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hockey trades are the only decent proposals at this point.
Maybe a cap dump will be needed to balance out, but it needs to be an "overpayment" to get it done.

Van : JT Miller
Mtl: Drouin - Lekhonen - (Poehling, Ylonen, Brooks) - 2021 2nd

Vancouver gets younger. adds depth and picks
Mtl complements Suzuki and Anderson with a solid LW

Cap and term are very similar...

BONUS..... No Byron
absolutely no chance from montreal. 0. way, way overpayment

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
You're team couldn't even get there lol

“Your”

And the Canucks made it much further than yours less than 12 months ago, so what does that have to do with the thread?

How about act like someone who has an ounce of intelligence and put some real stats out on why Suzuki is the better player? :rolleyes:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

You really think Weber and Price will be there for 5 years? Give your head a shake buddy, or quit drinking. They'll both be retired / on LTIR by then, and we'll keep kocking the Canucks asses eith their week prospect pool.

Oh and enjoy Podkolbust... guy can't even score in the KHL haha

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You really think Weber and Price will be there for 5 years? Give your head a shake buddy, or quit drinking. They'll both be retired / on LTIR by then, and we'll keep kocking the Canucks asses eith their week prospect pool.

You call him out for being drunk on a Monday, misspell your way through four sentences, then come up with "Podkolbust" as your zinger to leave on? Yikes.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Maybe if they increase the roster sizes, you guys can dress enough middle 6ers to actually win a round.

Love that depth.

Reactions: Josepho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad