Proposal: Mtl - Van

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Hockey trades are the only decent proposals at this point.
Maybe a cap dump will be needed to balance out, but it needs to be an "overpayment" to get it done.

Van : JT Miller
Mtl: Drouin - Lekhonen - (Poehling, Ylonen, Brooks) - 2021 2nd

Vancouver gets younger. adds depth and picks
Mtl complements Suzuki and Anderson with a solid LW

Cap and term are very similar...

BONUS..... No Byron

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I'm a big Miller fan, but I think Montreal hangs onto Drouin with how well he has played this year. I also don't think they move Ylonen, I can see him playing middle 6 minutes for Montreal next season (hopefully)

Not bad value wise, and pretty well thought out, but I think Montreal keeps Drouin

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'm a big Miller fan, but I think Montreal hangs onto Drouin with how well he has played this year. I also don't think they move Ylonen, I can see him playing middle 6 minutes for Montreal next season (hopefully)

Not bad value wise, and pretty well thought out, but I think Montreal keeps Drouin

I think Montreal keep Drouin as well. I also see no reasons for Vancouver to trade Miller.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hockey trades are the only decent proposals at this point.
Maybe a cap dump will be needed to balance out, but it needs to be an "overpayment" to get it done.

Van : JT Miller
Mtl: Drouin - Lekhonen - (Poehling, Ylonen, Brooks) - 2021 2nd

Vancouver gets younger. adds depth and picks
Mtl complements Suzuki and Anderson with a solid LW

Cap and term are very similar...

BONUS..... No Byron

What happen to Byron ? 2 years ago Montreal fan thought he would be the main price in a RNH trade . Has he fallen that far ? Is the coach misusing him ? I don’t watch enough to get a read on him . He seem to be decent when Montreal plays the Oilers

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What happen to Byron ? 2 years ago Montreal fan thought he would be the main price in a RNH trade . Has he fallen that far ? Is the coach misusing him ? I don’t watch enough to get a read on him . He seem to be decent when Montreal plays the Oilers
:huh:

Also, he’s been fine. His cap hit can be used for “better” players. COVID cap..

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.

The Habs have so much depth that he's getting buried in the lineup and doesn't get many opportunities to shine, which now makes his salary tough to swallow because of the cap.

Despite what some may pretend, something like 90% of Habs fans were fine with his contract when it was signed. But that was when the cap was expected to keep increasing.

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Last years highest scoring (and our most versatile) player for odds and ends and Drouin?

Not in your life.

If Vancouver wants to reset, not rebuild, they will need to part with late 20's early 30's players and get younger.
This deal brings 2 NHL players, 1 almost ready (3rd line or 5-6 D) + a 2nd round.

Not sure you will get much more than this offer.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

He got concussed about a season and a half ago and never fully recovered. Still a decent 4th liner. But he used to be a 20-20 middle sixer before that concussion.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If Vancouver wants to reset, not rebuild, they will need to part with late 20's early 30's players and get younger.
This deal brings 2 NHL players, 1 almost ready (3rd line or 5-6 D) + a 2nd round.

Not sure you will get much more than this offer.

For a top line forward. Benn and Sutter are "NHL players", we're not getting Suzuki for any deal centering on them.

We aren't shopping him, and if we were, this deal gets beaten by 30 other teams.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With the way Drouin has been playing this year, I wouldn't give him up straight up for Miller, let alone adding more good assets.

Reactions: Zahra Starker

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Absolutely 0 interest as a habs fan. Drouin is playing out of his mind and he's not even scoring goals this year. Wouldn't trade Drouin straight up for Miller.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
wouldnt you think the same if a 30 years old scored 20G each season + having one of the best speed in teh NHL ? nothing was showing that Byron was less than a 3rd liner, nothing.

Until he got hurt fighting the Florida guy

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Drouin finally learned to back check and even tho he'll never meet his full potential, he still is a 50+ points winger on a ok/good contract.

We keep him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We are going to trade Drouin and a lot more to get back a bit more then Drouins production. That makes a lot of sense...said nobody.

I'd trade a 1st and Lehky plus Poehling, but not dig a hole and fill a hole.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I don't think any Habs fan has been as hard on Drouin as I have the last few years, mostly because I've been watching him since he was a Moosehead and I've always seen the ridiculous natural talent there mixed with his oblivious, nonchalant attitude and refusal to get any better with age and experience...until this year...I've finally seen the Drouin that can & will learn, that cares, and that finally gives it 100% instead of just relying on Natural Talent and no drive or determination...kid's come a long way this year, I don't trade him unless its for a big upgrade in all areas of the game and that's just not J.T. Miller, who's a good young player but not what the Habs need to get to the next level; he's just a mid-range upgrade in an area where they don't need to waste assets upgrading when there are bigger areas of need, like a Top 4 LH PMD...

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Lmao, are hab fans delusional? Wouldn't trade Drouin for Miller straight up?

Miller has 101 points over the past 2 season Drouin has 36 ......

These players aren't even close Miller is triple the player. Drouin has 9 goals over the past 2 seasons for crying out loud at this point he's closer to a cap dump at 5.5M. Forget Miller I wouldn't even trade Virtanen for him that contract is gross.

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
With the way Drouin has been playing this year, I wouldn't give him up straight up for Miller, let alone adding more good assets.

Absolutely 0 interest as a habs fan. Drouin is playing out of his mind and he's not even scoring goals this year. Wouldn't trade Drouin straight up for Miller.

Lol the guy has 2 goals in 33 games

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3