Proposal: Mtl - Van

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
We are going to trade Drouin and a lot more to get back a bit more then Drouins production. That makes a lot of sense...said nobody.

I'd trade a 1st and Lehky plus Poehling, but not dig a hole and fill a hole.

What about Salary Cap, I guess you want Vancouver to retain 50% on top of that.
Be realistic, Miller is the type of player you need in the playoffs.
With Anderson and Gallagher, you have 3 high intensity wingers.
Toffoli - Tatar - Staal.... 3 skilled scoring complementing the others
Suzuki - KK - Danault are very good 2nd C on most teams.

Mix them up how ever you want and you get 3 very balanced lines.

IMO.... Better top 9 with Miller than Drouin

Reactions: Jpageman

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Lmao, are hab fans delusional? Wouldn't trade Drouin for Miller straight up?

Miller has 101 points over the past 2 season Drouin has 36 ......

These players aren't even close Miller is triple the player. Drouin has 9 goals over the past 2 seasons for crying out loud at this point he's closer to a cap dump at 5.5M. Forget Miller I wouldn't even trade Virtanen for him that contract is gross.

I need to agree with you here Some hab fans are very delusional, At this point in time Miller is better then Drouin for sure but in the future not sure if Miller will be better then Drouin is.
The thing now is Drouin is starting to finally understand that he needs to gives his 100% instead of just relying on Natural Talent and no drive or determination.

Reactions: Szechwan

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hockey trades are the only decent proposals at this point.
Maybe a cap dump will be needed to balance out, but it needs to be an "overpayment" to get it done.

Van : JT Miller
Mtl: Drouin - Lekhonen - (Poehling, Ylonen, Brooks) - 2021 2nd

Vancouver gets younger. adds depth and picks
Mtl complements Suzuki and Anderson with a solid LW

Cap and term are very similar...

BONUS..... No Byron
I wouldn't touch a Canuck player now

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Hockey trades are the only decent proposals at this point.
Maybe a cap dump will be needed to balance out, but it needs to be an "overpayment" to get it done.

Van : JT Miller
Mtl: Drouin - Lekhonen - (Poehling, Ylonen, Brooks) - 2021 2nd

Vancouver gets younger. adds depth and picks
Mtl complements Suzuki and Anderson with a solid LW

Cap and term are very similar...

BONUS..... No Byron
Montreal are not making this trade.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Easy pass from Van. A rugged ppg player that excels at faceoffs, can play center or wing, and plays both special teams. His contract is a bargain - guy was 17th in league scoring last season, then went ppg in the playoffs over 3 rounds. Miller is also only 2 years older than Drouin.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
My god, Did JT Miller suddenly morph into a different player?
The guy is a 1st Line Center/Winger who is basically a PPG Player in the last couple years.
making what 5m a year for another 3 years?

For that package?

I would not even trade JT Miller for Suzuki straight up

Last couple of yrs?
Last season yes
Season before 47 pts in 75 games is nowhere's near being a PPG player.

No worry. JT Miller wouldn't get you a sniff at Suzuki.

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
Easy pass from Van. A rugged ppg player that excels at faceoffs, can play center or wing, and plays both special teams. His contract is a bargain - guy was 17th in league scoring last season, then went ppg in the playoffs over 3 rounds. Miller is also only 2 years older than Drouin.
Can Miller carry the puck all by himself during the powerplay and play point? We need Drouin.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Can Miller carry the puck all by himself during the powerplay and play point? We need Drouin.
Since Miller joined the Canucks, he's done a mix of everything. He's been a major player on the PP, and absolutely can play the point -although its more of a funnel/umbrella system with Hughes at the top. If Drouin suits your needs more, that's fine, but Miller is the better player: this season he has double the hits, double the blocks, plays PK, is elite at faceoffs, has been playing center while Pettersson has been out, and has more points including triple the goals. He also drops the gloves and when he hits, they are solid, hard checks.

Maybe Drouin is finally becoming a good player, but he isn't at Miller's level, at least yet.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Habs fans acting drouin is some 20 year old prodigy. Lmao, he's a disappointment, at 26 years old he has a whopping 2 goals in 34 games this year, 36 points in his last 61 games. He would barely be a complimentary middle 6 winger on a team that actually has elite players in the top 6.

Miller has around 100 points in his last 100 games, would instantly be the best forward on the habs. Drouin can only dream of producing at that rate.

Hard pass from the canucks, not even remotely close. Look more in the way of a virtanen or gaudette for drouin

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Last couple of yrs?
Last season yes
Season before 47 pts in 75 games is nowhere's near being a PPG player.

No worry. JT Miller wouldn't get you a sniff at Suzuki.
Since 2017-18 he has 206 points in 260 games not ppg but pretty damn good. 166 points in his last 197 games. No one on the habs even comes close to that kind of production.

Only 2 years older than your phenom drouin btw.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
My god, Did JT Miller suddenly morph into a different player?
The guy is a 1st Line Center/Winger who is basically a PPG Player in the last couple years.
making what 5m a year for another 3 years?

For that package?

I would not even trade JT Miller for Suzuki straight up

Good thing because Montreal wouldn't trade Suzuki when the main piece coming back is JT freakin Miller, let alone if he's the only piece lol

Suzuki >> Miller AINEC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad