Confirmed with Link: [MTL/VAN] Brandon Prust for Zack Kassian & 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Canucks-fan coming in piece. Not sure if i'm going to add something that hasn't been said.

When it comes to Kassian, i think every single Canuck-fan knew that we would lose any trade involving him, especially after the trades (Bieksa trade was solid) that Benning have made lately. His trade value was never high enough to get something really valuable in return. And this is exactly what we see now. This is a trade the Canucks can only lose. Adding a 31 year old Derek Dorsett doesn't make any sense from the Canucks-perspective, not to mention you got a 5th rounder in return as well.. The Canucks just lost size, skill, speed and offense.

I personally loved Kass, and never wanted him traded. I still think he has top6 potential, even though the clock is ticking. I can honestly only see him getting better moving on, Canucks management were really tough on him. Would love to see him succeed in Montreal so he can put Benning & co to shame.

yeah im hoping he figures something out with us too, would be a REAL solid addition to our top 6 if so

im pumped for him

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Nobody is concerned about his health? Back problems are often a big problem...

No kidding eh? All we read about is Prust's shoulder. Prust could at least answer the bell in the playoffs.

Overall I like the trade but we did get a big guy who isn't consistently physical and who could be more damaged goods at 24 than Prust will ever be. I like the overall upside but I remain cautiously guarded. One poster told me I was crazy for saying Prust has way more heart than Kassian....LOL!!!!

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
So do the Habs shake their smurf tag now? I mean they have quite a bit of size throughout the lineup now

They haven't been a small team since the exit of cammy and gio. We have one real small player, rest are NHL average. Tampa is the new smurf team, and they seem to be doing ok. League is getting smaller and faster.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Nobody is concerned about his health? Back problems are often a big problem...

If I were you I'd be more concerned with what is going on, or not going on between his ears.
If Rene Bourque drove you crazy, might I suggest having a number of straight jackets at hand to watch Zack.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
No worry about his back problems. If something is going wrong, Montréal is probably the best place in NHL for the medical aspect.

Im worried about his party animal labelis. Dont want to add a Sergei Kostitsyn. Anyway, Kassian is the last prospect named a legit "Lucic" prototype. We have to give him all the chances in the world.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Great trade by Montreal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pot 40 points.

Hate to see him go but the Habs are my second favourite team at least so not as bad... :(

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
No worry about his back problems. If something is going wrong, Montréal is probably the best place in NHL for the medical aspect.

Im worried about his party animal labelis. Dont want to add a Sergei Kostitsyn. Anyway, Kassian is the last prospect named a legit "Lucic" prototype. We have to give him all the chances in the world.

actually i thought it was McCarron lol.

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
MB scores.

Younger, cheaper, more offensive upside, short-term commitment, plus the pick. If Kassian can find his game and earn a three-year deal it'll turn into a heist. For the meantime it's just a really smart move.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Great posts ! Thanks for taking the time to come on our board and post some interesting insight !

Ap1LXjE.gif

I like him already !
Awesome!!!......Jersey looks tight and you gotta love the missing tooth, looks like a hockey player....if I remember correctly, I think this is the guy the Habs wanted to draft, but when he was gone, it was unfortunately Leblanc....

Funny, the pic didn't upload???
Pic of Kassian on page 37

Also guys on RDS making fun of Kassian....So typical...but they'll rave a career AHL'er that Habs sign who's from la belle province, as a francophone it pisses me off

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If I were you I'd be more concerned with what is going on, or not going on between his ears.
If Rene Bourque drove you crazy, might I suggest having a number of straight jackets at hand to watch Zack.

People in here who knows way more than I do keep telling me it's not a problem. So I choose to believe them.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
MB scores.

Younger, cheaper, more offensive upside, short-term commitment, plus the pick. If Kassian can find his game and earn a three-year deal it'll turn into a heist. For the meantime it's just a really smart move.

We signed Prust for free as a UFA. He had his best days already, so we moved him and now basically we got a former 1st round draft choice, who has already made the NHL and scored at a third-line clip with flashes of better, PLUS a 5th rounder, all for nothing.

Good job.

hockeyrules123

Oct 2, 2011
Everytime I read "for a man his size" it means that those players aren't agile or fast. But that there are bigger guys that are slower than them. Incredible how I read your analysis and think we just acquired a 30-goal 65 points player....

Yes, he has some potential. Just like the 2 teams that had him before thought he had. Just like every team that got Bourque thought he had. Kassian doesn't come in as a surefire player. He's a project. A project that if your goal is to establish yourself as a top team as soon as next year...you can't count on Kassian to be the guy. I just hope that he is not the answer to our top 6. Kassian, as a project, as to establish himself in the 3rd line.

Just like the Bruins who paid 20M for a 32 pts 27 years old forward? I'll take the 24 yr old at 2M.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Listening to Benning on Vancouver Radio, he pretty much said they gave up on Kassian. First that's strange. Secondly, couldn't have had more for him?

I almost have the feeling other GMs called Vancouver and Benning was like "this guy is a bum, he is garbage, do you want him?".

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Is this the same Kassian that Gooned it up against the Habs in the playoffs.
I clearly remember Kassian being nothing more that a Pillow Puncher.

You mean Montreal-Rangers with the analyst of the Blue shirts from the Bronx? No the guy just talked about 2 caucasians trying to fight :naughty:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Listening to Benning on Vancouver Radio, he pretty much said they gave up on Kassian. First that's strange. Secondly, couldn't have had more for him?

I almost have the feeling other GMs called Vancouver and Benning was like "this guy is a bum, he is garbage, do you want him?".

And maybe he just isn't a good GM, or one who just made a bad trade. Look around, a few really bizarre trades have been made.

The downside on Kassian seems to be he will be inconsistent and fall short on promise. The inconsistent effort does not go over well in Montreal, but talent and production wise, we are well ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad