Confirmed with Link: [MTL/VAN] Brandon Prust for Zack Kassian & 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Precisely why some people aren't jumping up in excitement. We got a project here, and it's likely Kassian that will be slotted into top 6, which would be terrible imo.
Kassian isn't what we need. Sure, he'll probably be better than Prust. God..I hope so.
But Bergevin should be working on bringing in real help, not another project.

These two things aren't mutually exclusive, rejoice!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Kassian got 198 NHL games....at 24

What he will become is still undecided .he very well could be a full timer top 6 ....that is up to him ...will see.

In no place in any of my posts did I say that he's done. Most negative comment was that he is at his 3rd team at 24. For such a specimen like him, with the size and skills that everybody would want to have on their team...it has to be a "concern". And if nothing else is done, he starts the year in our top 6. I guess that it's possible that if he is not asked to be the grinder...that he actually succceed. Latendresse started to suck when he was asked to do something he didn't want. Maybe we'd slack down on the "grinding" and ask him to do the scoring.....

Kassian wasn't really used in the top-6 last year. He spent most of the season on the 3rd line centered by Richardson/Vey and with Matthias/Dorsett on LW. Vrbata/Burrows were RW1 and 2 for most of the season.

Many Canucks fans felt that Kassian deserved top-6 or PP opportunities though but was never given it because the team wanted him to be and tried making him into a grinder.

Great. As I keep saying....potential REMAINS to be seen. Let's hope he gets it with his 3rd team. He will have his chance. Kid will start the year on our top 6 unless a miracle happens. Or we make another move and a guy like Weise goes making Kassian a 3rd line player.

Are you being negative again> and then contesting facts after positing what amounts to your opinion, which maybe I should remind you is SUBJECTIVE

Where the heck do I mention that my opinion isn't subjective? Isn't what most opinions are? And then....facts....well we can use them how you want. We would have gotten Beleskey at that price, FACTS would be that he had a great season and might be on his way up....Boston got Beleskey, FACTS are that he only got 1 season and that we did great not giving him 5 years. Another team would have gotten Kassian and I can tell you that the FACTS you're seeing now....would NOT be the same FACTS.

Carried by Higgins... :laugh:

Good job forgetting that half of his goals were coming from the Sedins though. And Higgins...well yep....pretty good player too.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

I'd love to know what top 6 player we can acquire with the cap space that we have? Who in our lineup are you willling to give, so that we'd acquire a top 6 player that will eventually, surely, make quite a few buck. Are you going to acquire a top 6 with Desharnais? Do you trade Pleks? Who else can go for a top player with the money we have?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I wanted the Habs to get Kassian for quite some time. I remember suggesting Eller going the other way to Canucks fans and they couldn't believe I had asked that.

Then we get him for Prust. What's going on in the waters in Vancouver? It's almost as if they have thrown Kassian on waivers.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd love to know what top 6 player we can acquire with the cap space that we have? Who in our lineup are you willling to give, so that we'd acquire a top 6 player that will eventually, surely, make quite a few buck. Are you going to acquire a top 6 with Desharnais? Do you trade Pleks? Who else can go for a top player with the money we have?

Good thing about trading Prust for Kassian is that we have 750k more cap space!

And what can I say, actual talent is hard to acquire? Could see Bergy trading for Sharp and shedding Gilbert's or Emelin's contract somewhere else.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
The fact that most Canucks fans expected one of McCarron - Scherbak - 1st 2016 - Tinordi - Hudon - Eller for Kassian means that he's we may have something here. Everything will come down to 3 things : 1-how the Habs manage him 2-avoid injuries 3-his commitment.

It's a lot of ''if'', but still, he has the upside.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I still don't even get how Bergevin got them to add a 5th.

"Yea, your guys is much younger, better, can actually play in the middle 6 and is cheaper... but give your 5th and I can make it work."
It's simple, he told them look if you don't throw in a 5th rounder HFB will crucify me. With that 5th it will throw them off my backs except for a few posters that will just go counter what the majority say. They'll say Timmins might find the next Gallagher so it will make them somewhat happy.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
wow... had not read the canucks thread about the trade...that was...pretty funny lol wow...

they INSANTLy hated the trade before hearing about any return, THEN they hear the return and its like the world is over, and THEN they find out its their 5th

that was something else lol, they all REALLy really LOVED kassian, wow lol

people wanted a first rounder back, people wanted tinordi, people even wanted gallagher or galchenyuk lol

wow.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
wow... had not read the canucks thread about the trade...that was...pretty funny lol wow...

they INSANTLy hated the trade before hearing about any return, THEN they hear the return and its like the world is over, and THEN they find out its their 5th

people wanted a first rounder back, people wanted tinordi, people even wanted gallagher or galchenyuk lol

wow.

Gallagher/Galchenyuk is just silly, but I was fairly sure Tinordi was going the other way at one point. Then I was pretty damn happy with the Prust + 5th rounder. When I realized the 5th was coming OUR way, well...

Can't help but feel sorry for Canucks fans. Benning and Sweeney are something else.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

wow.
He is like DDH, if we trade him we better get at least Patrick Kane if not Crosby;)

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Canucks fa... Not a fan anymore until Benning is fired, so follower?

Kassian has the potential to be a 50-60 point power forward, and has been utterly mishandled by our dinosaur coach & GM.

Please please PLEASE put him in a good situation so he can break out to an All Star level and get our awful management FIRED.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Nobody is concerned about his health? Back problems are often a big problem...

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Awesome trade, Prust's body is damaged goods and his salary was hefty for what he brings nowadays. Kassian has higher upside than Brandon ever did.

The extra 5th is highway robbery

Feel bad for Prust though, he deserves credit for whatever winning we do in the future because he was a true pro and an awesome leader for everybody in our lockerroom to look up to.

I know some of you guys are dissapointed with Bergevin for not adding a top C or RW but at the very least you have to give him credit for improving the team in every way he can, his track record is good for trades up until now and I wont blame him for not doing emotional trades going for any potential top 6 solution on the market if the asking price is too high or if the player's salary demands are too high.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

That's what we thought for DSP too. No way Bergevin was just getting this project in order to help our offensive woes at the deadline.
Before him, people also couldn't believe PAP was the only guy we would bring in to replace the production of Briere-Vanek-Gionta.

Time will tell, hopefully it won't. I wanted Frolik, he apparently wanted to come here, at 4.3M that's less than what people here thought.
I'm hoping to get Williams now.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

wow.

Canucks-fan coming in piece. Not sure if i'm going to add something that hasn't been said.

When it comes to Kassian, i think every single Canuck-fan knew that we would lose any trade involving him, especially after the trades (Bieksa trade was solid) that Benning have made lately. His trade value was never high enough to get something really valuable in return. And this is exactly what we see now. This is a trade the Canucks can only lose. Adding a 31 year old Derek Dorsett doesn't make any sense from the Canucks-perspective, not to mention you got a 5th rounder in return as well.. The Canucks just lost size, skill, speed and offense.

I personally loved Kass, and never wanted him traded. I still think he has top6 potential, even though the clock is ticking. I can honestly only see him getting better moving on, Canucks management were really tough on him. Would love to see him succeed in Montreal so he can put Benning & co to shame.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
So do the Habs shake their smurf tag now? I mean they have quite a bit of size throughout the lineup now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad