MTL-NYI

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah there's no reason the Isles would move Leddy. He would be a fantastic addition to Montreal though, exactly the kinda dman we're missing.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Habs should trade for Marner! He's a fourth liner!!!......HF Logic right there

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We lack top end Dmen and Leddy is pretty much it. We can't trade him or won't trade him unless it's part of a much larger deal (MAYBE).

Galch seems ok..he was off to a great start last year before his injury, though he isn't worth Leddy...

Maybe Pulock + Alan Quine - you get a top 4 to be and Quine is actually pretty good as a 3rd line centre. At least you strengthen the middle a bit more.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Leddy is a great defenseman.

Not going to comment on the value,but i will say this-Habs need offensive forwards. Wih the emergence of Mete, we dont have a pressing need for Leddy-just based on that, i would pass as a Habs fan.

Great piece, not a need.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Leddy is a great defenseman.

Not going to comment on the value,but i will say this-Habs need offensive forwards. Wih the emergence of Mete, we dont have a pressing need for Leddy-just based on that, i would pass as a Habs fan.

Great piece, not a need.

We would need Leddy, Mete still has a long ways to go to be as good as him. The fact is Mete's quite sheltered at the moment and he's going to be a great defenseman for us but Leddy is a legit top-pairing dman we could rely on in all situations.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If Leddy were actually available, I'd assume the avs would've been all over it.

But Snow wasn't moving LD in the offseason,and I highly doubt he's doing that now, especially his best LHD. It would make no sense.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Someone posted on the Habs forum of a blockbuster trade. I think Montreal shores up the defense but hurts their offense, Vice Versa for the Isles.

:habs

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

:isles

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

What do Isles fans think? I think Benn could go as well in the deal and the Habs call up Jerabek.

Also this was brought up as a bigger package as the posted believed that Bergevin being to a few Isles games now makes it seem that it wouldn't just be a 1 for 1 swap.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Someone posted on the Habs forum of a blockbuster trade. I think Montreal shores up the defense but hurts their offense, Vice Versa for the Isles.

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

What do Isles fans think? I think Benn could go as well in the deal and the Habs call up Jerabek.

Also this was brought up as a bigger package as the posted believed that Bergevin being to a few Isles games now makes it seem that it wouldn't just be a 1 for 1 swap.

From an outside POV not that I think this is a bad trade value wise I don't think it helps NYI as much as it looks to. Isles need Leddy.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

That's a no from this NYI fan

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
We would need Leddy, Mete still has a long ways to go to be as good as him. The fact is Mete's quite sheltered at the moment and he's going to be a great defenseman for us but Leddy is a legit top-pairing dman we could rely on in all situations.

Mete has played 20 mins a night, in every situation but PK, because we have more suitable dmen for that task. How is he sheltered? He played 3v3 overtime this season. He plays with Weber on the top pairing, against other teams top guys. Probably our best dman after Weber-just ask A.Matthews. Actually,no need...he just mentioned it.

As i said. Leddy is great and i'd like him for sure, but it doesnt make sense to give up an offensive asset, for a defensive asset when we need MORE offense.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

The value is fair probably, but no interest in moving Leddy.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Mete has played 20 mins a night, in every situation but PK, because we have more suitable dmen for that task. How is he sheltered? He played 3v3 overtime this season. He plays with Weber on the top pairing, against other teams top guys. Probably our best dman after Weber-just ask A.Matthews. Actually,no need...he just mentioned it.

As i said. Leddy is great and i'd like him for sure, but it doesnt make sense to give up an offensive asset, for a defensive asset when we need MORE offense.

His offensive zone starts are over 70% ES and playing with Weber means he can show his strengths which are in joining the rushes and offensive zone plays (and that's good, obviously) while Weber is forced to be the more offensively reserved guy. And it's not like he has been a defensive liability, the management just doesn't trust him that much defensively (for a good reason since he's a 19-year old rookie and not exactly physical in his own zone) but at the same time they want him to play with Weber since that's where he can contribute the most. 3v3 overtime is a totally different game that emphasizes good skating which is where Mete is pretty much elite.

And Leddy can drive offense, he would be our most offensively skilled dman.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

Swap Leddy with deHaan and a 2nd and you've got a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad