MTL-NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Someone posted on the Habs forum of a blockbuster trade. I think Montreal shores up the defense but hurts their offense, Vice Versa for the Isles.

:habs

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

:isles

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

What do Isles fans think? I think Benn could go as well in the deal and the Habs call up Jerabek.

Also this was brought up as a bigger package as the posted believed that Bergevin being to a few Isles games now makes it seem that it wouldn't just be a 1 for 1 swap.
We really can't move Leddy

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
My guess is that if there is a trade it will be something like:

To Montreal: Brock Nelson, Andrew Ladd (with 20% retention), Anthony Beauvillier

To New York Islanders: Alex Galchenyuk, Paul Byron, 2o18 2nd rounder.

Ladd seems like such a Bergevin type of pickup with his character and former Hawk connection. Basically the Habs take on his contract for Nelson and Beauvillier while the Isles get a young offensive player that is signed and some cap relief to help re-sign Tavares without destroying their core.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Id love galchenyuk on NYI. That said he definitely isnt returning leddy. Defense is questionable enough as is. I'd do Nelson +1st (CGY) or maybe Beauvillier and a 2nd. Dehaan and a + could work but its risky

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
My guess is that if there is a trade it will be something like:

To Montreal: Brock Nelson, Andrew Ladd (with 20% retention), Anthony Beauvillier

To New York Islanders: Alex Galchenyuk, Paul Byron, 2o18 2nd rounder.

Ladd seems like such a Bergevin type of pickup with his character and former Hawk connection. Basically the Habs take on his contract for Nelson and Beauvillier while the Isles get a young offensive player that is signed and some cap relief to help re-sign Tavares without destroying their core.
I'd rather just keep Ladd than eating part of his contract for 6 more years

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Someone posted on the Habs forum of a blockbuster trade. I think Montreal shores up the defense but hurts their offense, Vice Versa for the Isles.

:habs

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

:isles

Beauvillier
Nelson
Leddy

What do Isles fans think? I think Benn could go as well in the deal and the Habs call up Jerabek.

Also this was brought up as a bigger package as the posted believed that Bergevin being to a few Isles games now makes it seem that it wouldn't just be a 1 for 1 swap.
We shouldn't do this. I think the return could be way better than that if we trade these two assets separately. Plus, we already struggle to score goals, getting rid of 2 of our best forwards in a trade where we downgrade offence is a no-no.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see the Islanders trading Leddy and this does not support why Bergevin is watching Islander games. Bergevin does not need to scout Tavares or Leddy. Nelson, De Hann, or Beau are likely at play and the Habs are likely offering other pieces on top of Galchenyuk.

I believe Snow has made an offer for Galchenyuk. Bergevin is watching over a few players to see if he wants to pull the trigger.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Habs fans have to understand, it's not like Leddy's the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr. He isn't. He's just very very good. That's besides the point. The point is that the Isles cannot afford to lose him. It would screw this team up nine ways to Sunday. He's about as irreplaceable to us as JT is.
So, while the packages being offered are attractive, we just can't trade him.

Reactions: MartinMcc

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think it'll most likely be Beauvellier for Galch straight up only because Beau can be protected for longer and he IS a centre...barely out of his teens and he is in his second season.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Islander also need to surround Tavares with talent so he wants to stay long term.

I understand that Patches is a superior offensive talent as to the rest of that group. Isles are being asked to trade 3 roster players for two with one being a complete question mark. This is essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul.

While I do agree that Patches is better offensively than Nelson and Galchenyuk holds more value offensively as opposed to Beau, I don't think this makes up for the fact that you are trading the Iseles 2 and 3C for a winger and a player that may not be a C. Now if Barzal is in fact ready to stay as a 2C the 3C hole for NYI may not be that big of a deal I don't know their roster as much as I would like to. But all of that being said that's a large complication with throwing Leddy on top of that who is hands down their best defensive piece.

In terms of adding talent around JT to keep him removing Leddy from the backhand is a step backwards.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Islanders can't afford to lose Leddy who is their best Defensman and imho only legit top pairing Defensman. He's not a #1 but he's a really good #2.

Calvin deHaan is a top4 #3-4 Defensman and he's only signed for 1 year. If the isles trade Leddy their defensive situation takes a major hit. They Lost Hamonic. deHaan could be gone and Boychuck is getting older.

The islanders have a few young defensive prospects with potential but none really project to be top pairing guys.

So basically in conclusion I would consider Leddy untouchable at this point.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
A much more interesting trade than many Isles fans who have responded would like to believe. Closer to the deadline, I think this deal would have a higher likelihood of happening. Galchenyuk would be a nice addition to replace some talent when Tavares leaves next summer.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
A much more interesting trade than many Isles fans who have responded would like to believe. Closer to the deadline, I think this deal would have a higher likelihood of happening. Galchenyuk would be a nice addition to replace some talent when Tavares leaves next summer.
you have one post on this website and your'e trolling/ have not the slightest clue of what youre talking about. Good job man. Need more people with expertise like yours around here

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
His offensive zone starts are over 70% ES and playing with Weber means he can show his strengths which are in joining the rushes and offensive zone plays (and that's good, obviously) while Weber is forced to be the more offensively reserved guy. And it's not like he has been a defensive liability, the management just doesn't trust him that much defensively (for a good reason since he's a 19-year old rookie and not exactly physical in his own zone) but at the same time they want him to play with Weber since that's where he can contribute the most. 3v3 overtime is a totally different game that emphasizes good skating which is where Mete is pretty much elite.

And Leddy can drive offense, he would be our most offensively skilled dman.

So you want to give up a skilled offensive fwd asset for an offensive d asset-to take the place of an already offensive dman??? Makes 0 sense.

We dont need a more offensive dman to replace Mete. We need more offense coming from our forwards. Leddy doesnt address that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad