Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Number 20 does not have a good track record. Mike Johnson lasted for a season. Bryan Smolinski lasted 1 season. Robert Lang lasted half a season (injury). Ryan O'Byrne with number 20 lasted 1 season. Jay Leach lasted like 3 games. Colby Armstrong lasted a season.

Is this a sign of things to come? :naughty:

Wasn't Zednik number 20 ?

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
He turned down the Isles because he didn't like the vibe there he said
People here say lots of things. It's rare that I see any of it documented in an actual interview or reliable source.

Link? Or is it all stuff you heard from a buddy?

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
He turned down the Isles because he didn't like the vibe there he said

Really? That actually makes me feel a bit better. I was suspecting he refused that contract because he was absolutely set on free agency.

Hopefully with the habs getting on track lately, the vibe around the Canadiens is good....

Price can't come back fast enough.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Just to clear things up:

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Therrien says Vanek gives him options because even through he's a right-hand shot he can play either wing. 2/2

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Reallly? Collberg? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Montreal fans should be soooooo happy right now :D

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
When asked today about not accepting offer from NYI:

" I don't know how to explain it in a good way I guess, because, again, its one of those things where I want to hit July 1st, you know, I've never done it in my career before, maybe I never will, but this might be my only chance. So that's pretty much the explanation I have" - Vanek, by TSN

Doesn't sound overly assuring, but you never know. A few months is a long time for the habs organization to change his mind.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
So, will Pleks or DD will get Mr. Vanek?

Plekanec I hope. What a glorious pair they'll make!

Picaroon said:
Has to be Pleks. Having 2 legit scoring lines would be huge. Plus, we have the pieces for a dangerous 3rd line. If Briere goes in to playoff beast mode... man... things change quickly.

Can't wait for the playoffs! :handclap:

Madam Kadri said:
Yep, I don't see Vanek breaking that curse.

Recently all the no20 players were random guys, Vanek is a star. He can break the curse if he wants to.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Plekanec all day.

However, I'd love to see Desharnais on the 3rd line and roll with this

Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Demote our C with 35 points in 41 games or whatever. Yup, I'd love to see that!! :facepalm:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Bourque/Moen - White - Weise

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

" I don't know how to explain it in a good way I guess, because, again, its one of those things where I want to hit July 1st, you know, I've never done it in my career before, maybe I never will, but this might be my only chance. So that's pretty much the explanation I have" - Vanek, by TSN

Doesn't sound overly assuring, but you never know. A few months is a long time for the habs organization to change his mind.

He has been schooled well in the art of public speaking.

Basically got everyone both excited and worried at the same time. As it should be.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Not to mention a few months of being coached by Therrien will make his decision even easier unfortunately. :laugh::help:

Apr 28, 2010
Wow Bergevin! Gotta give this guy some props!

Vanek? Holy ****. So happy for Pleks! MT, don't screw this up! Do the right thing and play them together.

Can't believe we got him and kept Tinordi/Beaulieu at the same time.

Galchenyuk Plekanec Vanek :yo:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Demote our C with 35 points in 41 games or whatever. Yup, I'd love to see that!! :facepalm:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Bourque/Moen - White - Weise

Yeah, the 5'7" C who's entire success banks on how Pacioretty plays can never be demoted, but Briere who gets 7-10 mins a game no matter how to plays is going to be promoted to the 2nd line?

facepalm indeed. Just so we're clear, it's what I would love to see not what I realistically think will happen

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He plays both wings though doesn't he?

He can, and he has, but I'm pretty sure he's happiest right where he has been most recently, and started for pretty much his entire first 7 or so seasons in the league. Couldn't find the interview I was thinking of, but this was one of the first things I found directly from Vanek, from the start of last season:

Vanek will play anywhere, but he doesn’t have to like it, “We’ll see. I guess I’m playing the right as of right now which is something new for me so I guess I’ve got to worry about myself right now.”

It is an adjustment and as far as if he cares Vanek said, “I have to be open to it. If I had a choice I’d rather play the left because it’s what I’ve always played, but at the same time you always have to adjust and do your best where you’re at.”
(source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad