Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
I'm 27, same age as Subban. I've been following him since his draft year and always been a fan. I've mostly known disappointment in my history as a Habs fan. I think I'm ready to be a neutral fan for a while, the organization just keeps making the same mistakes, over and over again.

In any case, Therrien's gonna have one hell of a grinding team next year. Fully expect Bergevin to sign Ladd at a stupid price now. Wish I had whatever drug he's been on for the past year.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
I'm mad for many reasons, the biggest one being the fact that he was traded 2 days before his NMC kicked in. That is a ****ing dick move. The last player that happened to was traded again and won the Cup. I hope PK does the same (minus the extra trade).

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This is reminiscent of the Halak deal. A trade that angers the fans (me included) because we trade away the most spectacular player, one that was beloved. But on the hockey level only, I can see how it makes sense. It's a giant gamble for sure, and we'll have to wait a few years to really evaluate this.

Montreal fans are reacting with a broken heart and that's understandable. But emotions aside, I'm willing to wait and see.

But MTL kept the younger player there.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow I never thought that I'd feel bad for Habs fans. Weber is an excellent defenseman but this deal just sucks for them.

Having met PK Subban, I can tell you he's one of the nicest people you can meet. He meant everything to Montreal IMO. The fan base is just going to be devasted.

The deal itself isn't that bad, both of them are true elite #1Ds in the league, the age difference is big... I will never understand for the life of me why Habs management hated Subban so much.

He loved playing for the Habs.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
If this was a HF trade proposal...a mod would've locked it up.

Honestly no more needs to be said. It's an unreal trade and the obviously racist management in MTL need to be taken to the cleaners and called out.

So disrespectful... and after the guy basically builds a spare hospital.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Weber was like the only guy out of step with that age of Nashville's "core"

Now they have Forsberg, Neal, RyJo, Subban, Josi, Ekholm and Ellis and they're all 28 or younger

whoa-gifs.gif

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
With Shaw and Weber the Hans are going to be a lot tougher to play against. This is an even trade and this Hawks fan is happy seeing Weber leave the central.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
This is reminiscent of the Halak deal. A trade that angers the fans (me included) because we trade away the most spectacular player, one that was beloved. But on the hockey level only, I can see how it makes sense. It's a giant gamble for sure, and we'll have to wait a few years to really evaluate this.

Montreal fans are reacting with a broken heart and that's understandable. But emotions aside, I'm willing to wait and see.

doesnt even make sense there bub

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I assume nashville did this to save some money from that huge Weber contract.

Weber is the better dman in this trade tho, imo.

They already paid off most off it, I believe this will cost them more money?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This trade really makes no sense to me from the Canadiens perspective. You get an older defenseman that didn't look like himself this past season and looked absolutely horrible in the playoffs, for a younger dman that is one of the best skaters in the league and that has a Norris trophy to his resume and has consistently been one of the teams top point getters. Weber is still one of the best dmen in the league, but Subban is better at this point in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad