Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This trade really makes no sense to me from the Canadiens perspective. You get an older defenseman that didn't look like himself this past season and looked absolutely horrible in the playoffs, for a younger dman that is one of the best skaters in the league and that has a Norris trophy to his resume and has consistently been one of the teams top point getters. Weber is still one of the best dmen in the league, but Subban is better at this point in their careers.

Weber has a lower cap hit and his contract is all but paid off. Gives them flexibility to add another top 4 dman.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
27 years old with a contract that ends at 35 years old
Vs
30 years old with a contract that ends at 40 years old.

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

The only way this deal makes sense to me is below-surface tensions, similar to the Roy situation.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Weber Has been coasting on reputation for a while now.

Preds win this deal by a mile, and they got one of the best personalities in the game (as a bonus).

The Habs implode yet again.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
What is this?

Two physical RHD who put up points, are frequent Norris candidates and have bombs from the blue line, except one is young and prime and one is reaching that age where the physicality starts to take its toll.

Montreal execs must have genuinely disliked PK.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Reading the comments, you'd swear Shea Weber is a piece of **** and PK Subban is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yup. People look at age and contracts and barely discuss what each player brings. Out of 100 posts maybe 1 or 2 actually bring up actual player qualities.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
Subban had issues in the dressing room since day 1...

What issues? Getting along with Patches and donating money to a kid's hospital?

This is thinnly veiled racism by MTL management, nothing more.

It's a good thing that they're gonna be screwing themselves over in the long run w/ Weber too.

Here's hoping Subban goes on to big things, and MTL gets moved to Seattle.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
What is in the water in Canada? Edmonton sells low on Hall and Montreal makes a horrific trade, dealing Subban. Someone tell me I'm dreaming and this did not happen. I feel so bad for Montreal fans right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad