Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Torrey Mitchell for a conditional 5th in 2018

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He's a body that can play in the NHL filling holes throughout the year. Nothing more. Better than the pick at this point..

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I remember liking him in his time with San Jose... hes had some nifty goals for a guy that couldn't pot 10 in a full season. Good trade for both sides I guess.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kings need to stop the bleeding. They have not looked good for the past seven or eight games. If Mitchell can slot in and balance the bottom six and give some face off help it’s not a bad trade. Still pretty meh. LA needs Carter, Gaborik, and Clifford, back more than anything.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Looks like MB is in charge of the rebuild and won't be fired after all.

LOL this made me laugh, but im not sure if it is serious or not. It is a guy that is sitting in the stands and isnt giving us more than what we have in the AHL. One thing montreal has is 4th line depth. I think this is a good trade for MTL, but until Weber or Price gets traded i wont believe it's a rebuild. (Patches would qualify as a retool IMO)

Reactions: No More Subban

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
odd trade. mtl only has 12 healthy fwds on their roster and 9 defesnemen (8 + schlemko lti conditioning). they will go vegas style with 12f, 9d. maybe they will play as good as vegas did with that format

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Honestly I'm just glad he can win faceoffs. There's no one really good after Kopitar in the FO department and faceoffs have never really been Kopitar's thing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Laich was also waived, so Mitchell is taking his 'spot.' Kings have been playing too many rookies and guys that have a hard time being defensively responsible in the bottom six so between this and Jokinen it's supposed to shore up that part of our game. Makes more sense now that Brooks is gone. Now if we could just trade Andreoff for a fruitcake I'd be happy.

Have to commend him, I’m sure he’s been working on this deal since at least the summer .

I'm thinking you're being sarcastic, but it was reported as such by our team guy :laugh:

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
odd trade. mtl only has 12 healthy fwds on their roster and 9 defesnemen (8 + schlemko lti conditioning). they will go vegas style with 12f, 9d. maybe they will play as good as vegas did with that format

Probably means Mete is going back to juniors or they'll use him as a forward.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
really? He looked really good at D when i watched him play...seems like that would be a waste.

He stood out in the first few games but his defensive play is lacking and hence his TOI has dropped. As a winger Mete can use his crazy wheels and offensive instincts without too much defensive responsibility. It's obviously not a long-term solution though, he's a dman after all.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He stood out in the first few games but his defensive play is lacking and hence his TOI has dropped. As a winger Mete can use his crazy wheels and offensive instincts without too much defensive responsibility. It's obviously not a long-term solution though, he's a dman after all.
Fair enough...i only saw him early on and he looked very good.:)

Apr 28, 2010
LOL this made me laugh, but im not sure if it is serious or not. It is a guy that is sitting in the stands and isnt giving us more than what we have in the AHL. One thing montreal has is 4th line depth. I think this is a good trade for MTL, but until Weber or Price gets traded i wont believe it's a rebuild. (Patches would qualify as a retool IMO)

My thoughts exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad