Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Torrey Mitchell for a conditional 5th in 2018

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
He's an okay 4th liner. Good on the dot, 'okay' speed even though he has lost a step. Not very physical. Nothing special, but he can still be serviceable as he can pass and apply passable pressure on the forcheck.

5th/4th rounder is a good return for Montreal.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Wonder if this means the Brooks Laich experiment will be reaching an end.

Torrey Mitchell is also better than Andreoff, so if he pushes him out of the lineup, that's a positive.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Nice, we get a return from someone out of the line-up. I wish him all the good in a good team. He did good for us but there's no place for him anymore

Condition is: If LA makes the playoffs, the 5th rd becomes a 4rd

That's real good for the habs. Redemption for Dwight King

If LA makes the play offs, The Habs get their own 4th back from the Dwight King deal.....

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Torrey Mitchell is also better than Andreoff, so if he pushes him out of the lineup, that's a positive.
Vo60V.gif

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

With Gaborik coming back soon and Clifford shortly after that I think you maybe right. Him or Jokienen maybe the ones to go Could also be Dowd with the kings aaquiring to centers you got to think they have soured on dowd

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was decent for us, Claude was not a fan for some reason, he kept scratching him all the time since he got the job...

Good skater, decent in the dot and strong defensively.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With Gaborik coming back soon and Clifford shortly after that I think you maybe right. Him or Jokienen maybe the ones to go Could also be Dowd with the kings aaquiring to centers you got to think they have soured on dowd

Agreed. Dowd is too soft and one-dimensional to play the role of a 4th line center, and they seem to favor Shore ahead of him, so there really is no room for Dowd.

He's been completely invisible in any game he's appeared in, so I definitely could see him being moved at some point.

Jul 6, 2016
Possibly getting back the 4th rounder (in the King's trade last Spring), is already a big plus for the Habs.

Mitchell can still be useful on a 4th line. He is good at faceoffs and still quite fast.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The real winner here is Torrey Mitchell. Goes from a bottom 5 team to a top 10 team and gets to miss out on the winter in Montreal to go to LA and wear shorts and flip flops.

LoL @ people's idea of California weather / the glory of sloppy flip flops and shorts.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he'll be good for kings. has wheels and can PK, play on your 4th. He wasn't one of Julien's faves and we risked losing de la rose on waivers + i think they want to keep deslauriers around

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
This is the calm before the storm... Pacioretty for Pulu + 1st. :laugh:

With how garbage Edmonton is playing, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Get a 19 year old 4th overall pick, and another top 10 lottery pick for Patches? Where do I sign.

That move would instantly propel the Habs into a speedy overnight rebuild if Price stays down for another 20-30 games this season. Two top 10 picks, Puljujarvi, Tavares in the off-season...

New GM, likely new coach, Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher | Lehkonen/Galchenyuk/Puljujarvi as our top 6, some combination of the two of Svechnikov, Dahlin, Veleno, and McIsaac

The potential for the biggest whammy in NHL history of getting the two top 3 picks thanks to the #lottery --- imagine a world where the Habs drafted Dahlin and Svechnikov... sweet baby jesus.

But what likely happens is we sit on Patches until his contract is up, and we give him a ludicrous amount of dollars for absolutely no reason, we trade Galchenyuk for something that ends up being insignificant, Chucky flourishes in his new spot, Tavares doesn't sign with us, and our team remains hot garbage for the next 6-8 years.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Get a 19 year old 4th overall pick, and another top 10 lottery pick for Patches? Where do I sign.

That move would instantly propel the Habs into a speedy overnight rebuild if Price stays down for another 20-30 games this season. Two top 10 picks, Puljujarvi, Tavares in the off-season...

New GM, likely new coach, Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher | Lehkonen/Galchenyuk/Puljujarvi as our top 6, some combination of the two of Svechnikov, Dahlin, Veleno, and McIsaac

The potential for the biggest whammy in NHL history of getting the two top 3 picks thanks to the #lottery --- imagine a world where the Habs drafted Dahlin and Svechnikov... sweet baby jesus.

But what likely happens is we sit on Patches until his contract is up, and we give him a ludicrous amount of dollars for absolutely no reason, we trade Galchenyuk for something that ends up being insignificant, Chucky flourishes in his new spot, Tavares doesn't sign with us, and our team remains hot garbage for the next 6-8 years.
Ding Ding Ding
We have a winner

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Maybe it’s the hopefulness inside of me but if we’re out of it by February i wouldn’t be surprised to see Bergevin get canned, an interim for the deadline to sell off assets which would include Pacioretty and committing to a rebuild (and hopefully bringing in BriseBois shortly after the season :D).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad