Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Torrey Mitchell for a conditional 5th in 2018

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
The real winner here is Torrey Mitchell. Goes from a bottom 5 team to a top 10 team and gets to miss out on the winter in Montreal to go to LA and wear shorts and flip flops.
He's a Montreal native so I doubt he minds our winter.

He was a serviceable fourth liner for us but he seems to have lost a step (he was a pretty good skater). Will help you guys better than Andreoff though.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
With how garbage Edmonton is playing, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Get a 19 year old 4th overall pick, and another top 10 lottery pick for Patches? Where do I sign.

That move would instantly propel the Habs into a speedy overnight rebuild if Price stays down for another 20-30 games this season. Two top 10 picks, Puljujarvi, Tavares in the off-season...

New GM, likely new coach, Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher | Lehkonen/Galchenyuk/Puljujarvi as our top 6, some combination of the two of Svechnikov, Dahlin, Veleno, and McIsaac

The potential for the biggest whammy in NHL history of getting the two top 3 picks thanks to the #lottery --- imagine a world where the Habs drafted Dahlin and Svechnikov... sweet baby jesus.

But what likely happens is we sit on Patches until his contract is up, and we give him a ludicrous amount of dollars for absolutely no reason, we trade Galchenyuk for something that ends up being insignificant, Chucky flourishes in his new spot, Tavares doesn't sign with us, and our team remains hot garbage for the next 6-8 years.

You should check out the Minnesota firesafe thread then. That was one of the proposals... And it rightfully got ripped lol.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Mitchell is a good 4th liner, if he plays like he's able to in his best games, Kings fans will like him.

If LA makes it to the playoffs, the pick becomes MTL 4th round pick, which means roughly a #95-100 in a deep draft.

I liked Mitchell but I'm okay with this. De La Rose is a younger version of Mitchell so all good!

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Dumpster Fire trade.Blake didn't learn from Lombardi's bad habits on dumpster diving, just repeating them.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
De La Rose is a younger version of Mitchell

There is so much wrong with that.

De La Rose needs to be put on waivers and claimed. He can be some other teams headache. Complete garbage. 14 games played, 0 points, 9 shots. He has 7 points in 78 games played, he's never going to become and NHLer on this team.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
There is so much wrong with that.

De La Rose needs to be put on waivers and claimed. He can be some other teams headache. Complete garbage. 14 games played, 0 points, 9 shots. He has 7 points in 78 games played, he's never going to become and NHLer on this team.

I meant he'll do the same job as Mitchell on our 4th line and is younger. Mitchell was an healthy scratch, so I don't think he was that good lol.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Mitchell was an healthy scratch, so I don't think he was that good lol.

He had 17 points in 78 games, and 19 points in 71 games in his two full seasons with the Canadiens. He was held to 0 points in 11 games this season, but at least was a 0 on the +/- | he also held the team's best FO% and was a phenomenal penalty killer

JDLR is literally just hot garbage.

So no, he won't do the same job even half as well as Mitchell, but yes, he is younger. All-in-all, a worse package; a 22 year old dumpster fire of a player has 0 impact on chemistry in the locker room but a 32 year old NHL veteran I'm sure has a lot more to offer.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
It's Montreal's 4th rounder (for King last year) returned to Montreal if LA makes the playoffs this year.

That's a good depth deal for LA. Mitchell is an honest 4th liner who kills penalties and takes faceoffs. Julien didn't like him, probably because he's not big or very physical. But he's tenacious, versatile and defensively reliable.

Good deal for both teams. Interesting, at least. Not sure how often it happens that teams basically continue a trade over two different seasons.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
With how garbage Edmonton is playing, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Get a 19 year old 4th overall pick, and another top 10 lottery pick for Patches? Where do I sign.

That move would instantly propel the Habs into a speedy overnight rebuild if Price stays down for another 20-30 games this season. Two top 10 picks, Puljujarvi, Tavares in the off-season...

New GM, likely new coach, Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher | Lehkonen/Galchenyuk/Puljujarvi as our top 6, some combination of the two of Svechnikov, Dahlin, Veleno, and McIsaac

The potential for the biggest whammy in NHL history of getting the two top 3 picks thanks to the #lottery --- imagine a world where the Habs drafted Dahlin and Svechnikov... sweet baby jesus.

But what likely happens is we sit on Patches until his contract is up, and we give him a ludicrous amount of dollars for absolutely no reason, we trade Galchenyuk for something that ends up being insignificant, Chucky flourishes in his new spot, Tavares doesn't sign with us, and our team remains hot garbage for the next 6-8 years.

Tavares lol dream on. I love it that those who want to blow up the team believe any free agent will want to sign in Montreal while we do it

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Really enjoyed Mitchell in Buffalo and was happy for him to go home to play in Montreal when he left. Seems like a good depth add for the Kings.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
What are the conditions? For all we know Bergevin might have traded a pick that turns into a 1st if LA doesn’t reach the playoffs. :naughty:

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
So, basically, Dwight King traded for Mitchell... And Bergevin's supposed to be a good pro scout?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
So basically we gave the canadians dwight king for 23 games last year for the rest of this season of t Mitchell Kings win this trade easily lol

Practically yeah, Mitchell is easily better than King. However it's good to get something back from that King mistake and Mitchell has been a non-factor for us this year. I don't feel bad.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad