Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Torrey Mitchell for a conditional 5th in 2018

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Nice, we get a return from someone out of the line-up. I wish him all the good in a good team. He did good for us but there's no place for him anymore

Condition is: If LA makes the playoffs, the 5th rd becomes a 4rd

That's real good for the habs. Redemption for Dwight King

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He used to be a good 4th liner, and i think he had some very good years in Montreal where he played up the lineup. Good wheels, smart, knows how to play. Not big, but can handle physical stuff somewhat. If he had hands he would've been a top 6'er.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
He is sooo shitt... can't believe they got a pick for him, I thought he would be put on waivers, payback for the Dwight King trade..

Best a luck to him and the Kings tho, he has some speed, so many he could help them out in that area.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
From LA's perspective, this sort of strikes me as a trade just to make a trade and shake up things up a tiny bit. He'll likely contribute next to nothing, but it says that their 1-6 skid is not cutting it. It's perhaps a mild warning shot that a teammate might be shipped out next if they don't turn things around. Blake probably should've just done that, though, and gotten someone back who addressed a need, rather than crossing his fingers that they can turn it around without help.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad