Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Jonathan Drouin extends with Montreal (6 years, $5.5M)

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Instead, I think the Habs NEED to do whatever it takes to make sure Galchenyuk can develop into a legit top line center. Their chances of being a Cup contender hinge on that.

Well it's nice to say that but so far even wishing it upon a lucky star isn't making it happen. Everyone blamed Michel Therrien for hating on him or something but then Julien is brought in, even talking about Galchenyuk as a #1 centre but within a couple of months he's off the PP and back on the wing. 2 vet coaches in a row on a team desperate for more offence having to demote and shelter the most talented forward, I see a pattern forming. But hey I guess HFboards must be right and these veteran NHL coaches wrong, they are just jerk coaches trying to bring down the player!

More and more it is looking like Galchenyuk doesn't have the toolbox to be that centre everyone wants him to be. Sometimes there's just a natural limit up there that holds back players and despite every interest the club has for this guy to be that man, he seems to not be satisfying his coaches and other personnel managers very well with his progress. HFboards has this myth where it blames front office/coaches for "ruining" players potential, as if every draft pick could become an all-star if they were properly trained like a pokemon or something, but in reality a lot of this in on the players and their own god-given physical or mental limitations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad