Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs sign Nick Suzuki to extension (8 years, $7.875M AAV)

Mar 12, 2009
Suzuki is pretty much becoming what I expected, but was doing it a year earlier than I expected, then after this season I think he might be 2 years quicker than I thought. He had some jank to his skating stride back in junior that seems to be fully ironed out, and then improved upon much faster than I expected. Also seems to have gained strength faster than a lot of guys his size. Too bad he's locked up with Montreal long term, was hoping to get a chance to cheer for him properly one day (hard to root for a Hab as a Leaf fan).

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Seems like a bigger gamble than was necessary at this point. That said, could also become a steal as soon as next season so...

Reactions: Morrison
Mar 12, 2009
Agree, and he already has played tough mins and proven he was able to all before the age of 21. He should only benefit from this and be better once he hits his prime.
You think a high quality 21 year old player will continue to improve into his prime? Really bold prediction there /s.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This likely ends up good for the Habs in the long run but this contract seems premature.

If it’s good for the long run how can it be premature? We wait and we are likely giving him $9m+ a year like what happened with Subban. He’s a 22 year old 1C.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Huh... this is actually a pretty solid value contract. Did burgermans cry so much at the negotiation table that suzukis camp just got uncomfortable and signed to get out? I joke, but kid left money on the table for sure; at worst hes a 50-60 pt player with prime yrs of contribution. This aav is literally the going rate for that type of player as a UFA. Any better than the aforementioned numbers... we're approaching untouchable value for the term at this rate.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
8 years @ 7.8MM for 41 points

gr8 signing
58 points in 78 games including the playoffs.

He also played a big part in making this picture happen:
upload_2021-10-12_10-20-20.jpeg

Remember this goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad