Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs sign Nick Suzuki to extension (8 years, $7.875M AAV)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Suzuki is the type of player worth investing 8 years deal. He is very smart, efficient and defensively responsible.

I am really happy now. I do believe the habs wanted to avoid another potential offer sheet situation too.
Agree, and he already has played tough mins and proven he was able to all before the age of 21. He should only benefit from this and be better once he hits his prime.

Reactions: HabsQC

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Huge committment, we could look back on this as a total steal in a couple of seasons. Still a risk though for sure.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Love that! Suzuki in for 9 more years. What a steal this player has been. Such a beauty

Wrong word to use. First of all he was a first round pick at #13, so you'd expect him to be a productive player. Second, it wasn't even the Habs who drafted him. Third, its not like they got him for a 5th... he was a major piece in a trade involving one of their best players.

Good amount of coin for him, Habs must be banking on him becoming a 70+ point guy.

Reactions: STHLM

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Nylander > Suzuki
They are pretty close to each other. But Suzuki is a #1 Center. Making him more valuable. He's a really good player. Honestly a really solid deal! I am assuming he is getting lesser money early on to bring the AAV down. Because if I were him I would probably be asking for 5-6 million for the next 2 years and then want to get 9-10 million for the remainder of the contract.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
upload_2021-10-12_10-12-31.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad