Confirmed with Link: [MTL/FLA] Mike Weaver to MTL in exchange for 5th round pick in 2015

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Are we going in the process in building the smaller team possible?
Weaver.....Why? He's a righty? We got Pateryn and Drewiske that can serve as 7th defenseman anytime!!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We'll get him, then won't play him and then put him on waivers

Before we put him on waivers, we need to give him a 2-year deal and see if he doesn't have any surgeries done that he's been postponing. :sarcasm:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Let's say MTL trades Murray and gets Weaver, are people mad? (If we get a 3rd for Murray and give a 4th for Weaver).

Tinordi - Weaver on a bottom pairing would be good.

This is the only thing I can see happening and I would be cool with it.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Well weve witnessed this for 2 years now, any trade rumor that we get from any media outlet is not happening. The habs have a much more restricted policy towards information.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Weaver is a better hockey player than Drewiske, regardless of size. His game is suitable for Therrien's ''system'' than Diaz despite being the same size.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
He's still very solid and reliable, but I really don't see the fit. IMO the team don't need depth on defense they need a top 4.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
So now as a #6-7 D-men we have Bouillon, Tinordi, Drewski, Beaulieu, Murray and maybe Weaver... ???

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Before we put him on waivers, we need to give him a 2-year deal and see if he doesn't have any surgeries done that he's been postponing. :sarcasm:

Montreal = defenceman's dream convalescence home.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
"Other than he is a righty".....well....it's probably mostly that. This D needs players that play on their right side. And surely don't believe the kids are ready. Undersized.....but we are used to it right now. Hey, it's depth. I don't hate Weaver though and of course would hate him even less if the overall size of that team wouldn't be awfully small but I guess that if you keep the kind for some kind of future and you vision that guys like Beaulie, Tinordi and maybe Pateryn will be in your D core....Weaver belongs in there.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
What the hell's the point? He's a UFA at the end of the season, and we have no chance of doing anything in the playoffs, so why would we waste our picks on someone?

I guess we're still on par for the course of mediocrity, and we will continue to be if we keep making these kinds of nothing sideways moves.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
We don't need Mike Weaver. We already have his clone being an healthy scratch most games so i really don't see the point. I'd be fine if it's Cube or Drewiske for Weaver but i wouldn't spend a draft pick for him.

I understand that he may be a better insurance policy than Cube or Drewiske but that's not saying much

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd rather call up one of Beaulieu or Pateryn than trade anything for a Mike Weaver. We already have the great Bouillon sitting so what's the point of such a trade?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TheHockeyNews:

Moves the puck well out of the defensive zone and owns decent instincts. Can log a lot of minutes. Takes a lot of hits in order to make plays.

He's a human punching bag. Like Weise in a fight.

Obvious angles are his righthandedness, veteran player who can log minutes -- basically, a cheap soft-landing option if one of our vets is moved by the deadline.

Apparently, doesn't handle back-to-back games all that well, somewhat of a concern in the compressed sched that is in effect over the rest of the season. Saw some press box time on account of this, in the beginning of February.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Such a Habs move it's scary. Halpern and Drewisky last year, this year something similar I presume. We are who we are I guess. We'll never go for the big name.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Panthers' beat writer:

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m
Lioks like Mike Weaver heading to Montreal #flapanthers

No idea if he's just piggybacking on Dreger's rumor or if he actually knows anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad