Confirmed with Link: [MTL/FLA] Mike Weaver to MTL in exchange for 5th round pick in 2015

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Good defensive guy who would fit well here but he's a bit on the smaller side for my liking. I wouldn't give more than a 4th + B level prospect.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Dreger : Florida closing in on a trade involving d-man Mike Weaver. Canadiens are among teams with interest in Weaver. Draft pick likely return.

Old and short, just what we don't need. So yeah, definite possibility MB wants Weaver :sarcasm::help:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Talk about trading up! 5 ft 9 and one goal in 82 games

It would be a big blow to Tinordi and Beaulieu and the enite fanbase.

This is not happening

Tinordi Ruxpin

Hey, C'mon Let's Go!
Jun 27, 2013
Moncton, NB
I would not be happy at all if we acquire Weaver.

EDIT: I should clarify that I would not be happy if we traded any asset for Weaver. That being said, his acquisition on any level would not make sense to me. His career 11 NHL playoff games is of little to no benefit.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
might be our new coach next year.....

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...continue-to-inspire-after-his-nhl-career.html

Weaver already spends his summers teaching the game at his invitation-only Defence First hockey schools in Toronto and East Lansing, Mich., that he co-founded with his former Michigan State teammate Jon Insana.

The unique school teaches young teenagers - whether a forward or blue-liner - the aspects of the defensive game. The thoughtful Weaver is a big believer in skill development.

He also has a telecommunications degree with a minor in web design and software development. Weaver already has plans to create an internet program that will help teach the game more effectively down the road.

"I was reading an article recently that predicted that Europeans will eventually overtake North Americans in all aspects of hockey because in Canada it's all about games, games, games, it's not about perfecting your skills," Weaver said before the Panthers visited the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.

"It's a lot easier to throw a forward on the ice and tell him to score a goal than to tell him to stop an opponent from scoring a goal. That's what our school tries to teach."

Undrafted and undersized

Even though he went undrafted and has an undersized five-foot-10, 185-pound frame, Weaver has scratched out a 14-year pro career because of his attention to defence.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Let's say MTL trades Murray and gets Weaver, are people mad? (If we get a 3rd for Murray and give a 4th for Weaver).

Tinordi - Weaver on a bottom pairing would be good.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Dreger has never predicted anything correctly about the Habs in history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad