Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DET] Steve Ott for 6th in 2018

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Martin destroyed Ott once this year. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/135713

The best thing Ott is good for is taking dirty shots and injuring an opposing player. Then there's penalty kill and faceoffs as gravy.

Hardly call it destroyed. Any body who ever played hockey before would realize it's tougher to play against ott than desharnais. If I got this right the combined deals are desharnais and a 2018 6th for ott and davidson. We would have given a sixth to get rid of desharnais but now we got a serviceable defenceman and some more toughness and size. Run along and play now. Nothing to be seen here.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Ott is a great move for the come playoff time..

Maybe he once was. Now, he will absolutely hurt the team more than help them in the playoffs. It's a fact that he's going to take a stupid penalty or two. Even worse, he has NO goals and only 4 assists in his last 38 playoff games. This is an awful move.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
How many 4th liners do we need?

Bergevin salivating at the thought of a cheap plug and just not able to contain himself...

Seriously, the Habs could probably skate a team full of grinders. Is that his definition of being hard to play against?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
How many 4th liners do we need?

Bergevin salivating at the thought of a cheap plug and just not able to contain himself...

Seriously, the Habs could probably skate a team full of grinders. Is that his definition of being hard to play against?

Well we moved one fourth liner for another one. Separate deals but desharnais out and ott in. Let's see
-1+1=0

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Either teams are becoming beyond desperate or Ken Holland is a wizard for simply getting anything. And I mean anything.

I'm siding with the former.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Well we moved one fourth liner for another one. Separate deals but desharnais out and ott in. Let's see
-1+1=0

Desharnais was barely playing... But I guess it's more like trash goes out and trash goes in. The good thing here is that there is no danger of Ott getting 16+ minutes a game and eating up the offensive zone starts and PP minutes, so there's that.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Desharnais was barely playing... But I guess it's more like trash goes out and trash goes in. The good thing here is that there is no danger of Ott getting 16+ minutes a game and eating up the offensive zone starts and PP minutes, so there's that.

The bad side of Claude Julien might come out and Ott might get a shot at a top 6 spot due to past reputation and because Montreal doesn't have any bonafide scoring LW aside from Pacioretty. Ott is competing with Lekhonen and Byron, for goodness sakes. Byron is another player who "belongs" on the 4th line and Lekhonen might be a top 6er in the future, but not right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad