Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DET] Steve Ott for 6th in 2018

moog35

Jul 25, 2007

WTF is this?

Why don't you watch the guy play and then draw your conclusion before deciding he's the worst available player

****ing charts and graphs are nothing compared to watching the actual player play :help:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Bergevin done ****ed up. You know what they say... Better to have Ott and lost than no Ott... No wait, that's not right. :sarcasm:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The guy will bring some toughness to their team, a complaint that the Canadiens have had for a while, not sure what the big deal is here.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
He is exactly the type of "claude julien player," the habs need... unfortunately hes exactly the type of player you dont want claude julien to have.. cant wait to see him on the ice with one minute to go down by one ...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Assets:
Gets by on hard work and dogged determination. Excels at throwing opponents off their game with shift-disturbing precision. Can kill penalties, take face-offs and line up at all three forward positions.

Flaws:
Can go overboard with his antics and questionable hits, which leads to bad penalties from time to time. Doesn't have great size, so he wears down physically over the long haul and is prone to getting injured.

Source:
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/2152

------------------- ---------------------------- ------------------------------

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Hudon - Ott - Mitchell/McCarron
Carr
Flynn

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
WTF is this?

Why don't you watch the guy play and then draw your conclusion before deciding he's the worst available player

****ing charts and graphs are nothing compared to watching the actual player play :help:

LOL so he actually has quantifiable data that hes a bad player, which a majority of reasonable fans agree with, and you know better because you "WATCH THE GAEMS". :laugh:

Steve Ott is a bad player. Steve Ott doesn't help you win games. Hes great at running his mouth, not scoring, and taking stupid penalties.

I really don't get this trade at all.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
WTF is this?

I wanted Ott on the ice when the Sharks played the Blue in the WCF last year because I thought it gave the Sharks a better chance to win. He is terrible

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Well with him being a Ufa I'm more okay with this. He's not gonna score goals, make nice plays or skate like the wind. He can however win draws, is good on the PK, hits hard and wins board battles. He's a decent option as a 4C and a 6th isn't the end of the world.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I like how pests are now this highly valued commodity. GMs all over the league must be kicking themselves for not stocking up on pests like Bergevin.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I wanted Ott on the ice when the Sharks played the Blue in the WCF last year because I thought it gave the Sharks a better chance to win. He is terrible

So if he's terrible they sit him. Not a big deal. Didn't give up much. Contract over end of season.

This is really a very minor move.

NoComments

Feb 27, 2015
Irrespective of positions, if they put Gallager-Ott-Shaw on the ice at the same time for some shifts, it's going to be hilariously frustrating for the other team, although will probably get penalties all the time too.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Come on, Bergevin lmao

Say what you want but we had absolutely no one who could stand up for our teammates when things got dirty. Maccarron should not be used in that role ecause hes not a true heavyweight. Add in ott's faceoff ability for a sixth round pick and its not a bad deal.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Irrespective of positions, if they put Gallager-Ott-Shaw on the ice at the same time for some shifts, it's going to be hilariously frustrating for the other team, although will probably get penalties all the time too.

Coaches will just put their best players out for an easy goal.

Bruins1993

Jun 7, 2010
Canada
What a dirty move by the organization! They pick up a dirty player that will only play when they need him to hurt someone. Typical Canadiens move

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Chill it's a minor move that will make the Habs win more FO's and improve PK. Julien isn't gonna play him 15min a game.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Say what you want but we had absolutely no one who could stand up for our teammates when things got dirty. Maccarron should not be used in that role ecause hes not a true heavyweight. Add in ott's faceoff ability for a sixth round pick and its not a bad deal.

Steve Ott is not a fighter. He never wins even against typical non-fighters like Beaulieu unless the opponent truly is horrible at fighting like Brandon Manning.

I don't know why people can't distinguish between pests and true fighters.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Steve Ott is not a fighter. He never wins even against typical non-fighters like Beaulieu unless the opponent truly is horrible at fighting like Brandon Manning.

I don't know why people can't distinguish between pests and true fighters.

Weirder it's Habs fans who forgot Prust destroyed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad