Waived: [MTL] D Gustav Lindstrom waived by the Canadiens (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
He can be a unnoticeable #6 at best. You will forget hes even on your team at times.

That's exactly it. He is as vanilla as they come

His size intrigued me when the Habs got him but he doesn't really use it. He's just....there lol

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I will say though he is the type of player who could go to an expansion team or zero depth team and figure it out through unwarranted playing time. A stralman if you will. Aside from one year rin Columbus, stralman really broke out at 28.

Playing against people better than you makes you better. This is how the sens have been developing for years by tossing guys into the fire.

I don't think his age fits the timeline for a bad team to give him that shot though.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Nah, Barron has been a bit more offensive, but he's struggled defensively while Lindstrom was passable.

He didn't stand out from the others he was in contention with, so lost his spot.

I'm fine with that as the others have a future with the org to potentially get better. Lindstrom is what he is

I don't see much argument that Lindstrom was any better defensively than Barron in the grand scheme of things. Maybe fewer gaffes, but that's because he does almost nothing on the ice. He lost his spot because he was worse than any other option, the same reason this is the 2nd time he's been waived this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad