Waived: [MTL] D Gustav Lindstrom waived by the Canadiens (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I’ve always like him since his draft year. RH shot is a benefit too. I hope the Flames claim him and actually trade Tanev.
He definitely could fill a roster spot while the Flames trade their five pending UFAs.

The question in my mind is why the Canadians scratched him for so many games - especially after playing him so much those first fistfull of games following his callup.

Reactions: Nevins and EveryDay

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He definitely could fill a roster spot while the Flames trade their five pending UFAs.

The question in my mind is why the Canadians scratched him for so many games - especially after playing him so much those first fistfull of games following his callup.
It's because Jayden Struble is looking really good, and Savard got back from injuries.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

They have/had 4 healthy RHS D-Men, with Lindstrom being the worst of the bunch, plus Jordan Harris who is a LHS but probably has to show he can play good hockey on both sides in order to keep a roster spot.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I’ve always like him since his draft year. RH shot is a benefit too. I hope the Flames claim him and actually trade Tanev.
He professionally sucks

I would have rather demoted Barron though, he's been struggling and I'd rather Lindstrom sit in the pressbox for many games at a time than cycle through Harris/Kovacevic/Barron

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
They have to replace the five outgoing D somehow. When the trading starts they're going to need players to fill in the roster gaps for the next little while.
This isn't a 1-time offer though, he'll be available for very, very, very, cheap if he isn't claimed.

Still, it's likely Calgary could've gotten him already if they wanted him, before putting a guy on waivers GMs will talk...

Reactions: vokiel

Ledge And Dairy

They have to replace the five outgoing D somehow. When the trading starts they're going to need players to fill in the roster gaps for the next little while.
Thats my point. They could have claimed Mitchell, then they could have claimed Bjornfot, now they could claim Lindstrom but probably won't. It's as simple as send Kuzy back down tomorrow to open the rost spot and make the claim. Place one of the aforementioned 3 defensemen on waivers as all 3 have already passed through waivers this year already (I would waive Oesterle) then after he clears you can bring Kuzy back up.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Montreal has been carrying 12 forwards and 8 D for a while, but presumably someone is close to returning, so they need the roster spot. I hope he makes it through for Laval's sake, but its no loss either way.

Honestly? He was called up because of injuries and he wasn't played because of the 9 D the Habs have played this season he's been the worst by a large margin.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
This isn't a 1-time offer though, he'll be available for very, very, very, cheap if he isn't claimed.

Still, it's likely Calgary could've gotten him already if they wanted him, before putting a guy on waivers GMs will talk...
Yeah but this way they don't have to send anything Montreal's way.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah but this way they don't have to send anything Montreal's way.
Actually, it would be cheaper to trade for him for future considerations than for claiming him off waivers, which costs like 50k$. Just freeing up the contract slot is enough return for Montreal.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He looked pretty bad his first couple games with the Habs, but he was actually decent his last 10 or so games. With Struble playing well since getting recalled, Harris healthy and Xhekaj in the AHL there was no more room for him.

For teams needing D depth, he's worth a claim as a cheap 7th D who could fill in on the third pair.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
6th/7th soft but cheap young-ish RD with size who could be a fit with several teams. Tampa, NYI, NJD, Calgary, maybe even Chicago or Colorado.

Jack of all trades, master of none. I think he gets claimed mainly due to position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad