Confirmed Trade: [MTL/COL] Sven Andrighetto for Andreas Martinsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Before we start with the fire bergevin rhetoric keep in mind 29 teams never took him when they could have had him for free.

This is why I always discredit appeals to authority. GMs get it wrong all the time. Any team could have used Andrighetto in some capacity, and anyone reasonable person could have seen he had some ability.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not that this was the case, but sometimes teams would rather move a contract than pick up someone for free on waivers.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Ghetto is playing on a team who is in last place in the standing, there's zero pressure playing in Colorado right now since everyone are expecting them to lose. The other teams problably dont give there 100% against the Avs since they are expecting easy games.

Plus , Most of players always get a boost of confidence after a trade and play better better for a stretch games following this trade.

The real Evaluation for Andrighetto will be next season.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Andrighetto isn't a good bottom 6 player and he wasn't really good enough to play in the top 6 for Montreal.
The bad part of this deal for Montreal isn't moving on from Andrighetto. That made sense. The bad part was acquiring the worst player on the worst team in the NHL. Martinsen is bad at hockey. He'll show glimpses of promise due to his athleticism. He's a gigantic, fast, beautifully bronzed specimen that can make an impact on the forecheck but unfortunately those glimpses only last for a shift or two.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Same story as DSP last season.

Andrighetto is like the lord of inconsistency.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Andrighetto isn't a good bottom 6 player and he wasn't really good enough to play in the top 6 for Montreal.
The bad part of this deal for Montreal isn't moving on from Andrighetto. That made sense. The bad part was acquiring the worst player on the worst team in the NHL. Martinsen is bad at hockey. He'll show glimpses of promise due to his athleticism. He's a gigantic, fast, beautifully bronzed specimen that can make an impact on the forecheck but unfortunately those glimpses only last for a shift or two.

They were willing to lose him for nothing a few months ago.

Martinsen has played 4 games here, he wasn't traded for to be a regular roster player. The trade was made since Ghetto was seen to have no future here, so they added a player with size to fill in occasionally as a 13th/14th forward which he's more effective at than having Ghetto do that.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Some Habs fans knew he still had some potential.

I called him a 40-50 player given the right circumstances when this trade happened. Still remains to be seen whether he can maintain a good pace throughout a whole season but there are a lot of good things to his game and he was most definitely never given a fair shot with the Habs.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Ghetto always had potential, but being small he needs a big bruising player. He played with McKinnon, Rants and/or Landy. He has the speed to keep up with Duchene and faces little pressure since they're last place to make mistakes. Being a RFA, he has little options for movement and playing for a new contract or sent back to the minors.

Debatable if the Habs should have kept him. They have less skilled and smaller forwards. Pressured in a playoff race and in a win now phase. Sometimes a change of scenery works and this did for Ghetto and don't think the Habs were wrong with this trade.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, so let's be patient. For sure. But he shows everything you want to see a skill guy does. I don't see how he'll lose a step. Don't see how he'll stop finding his teamates. Don't see how he'll lose his instincts. What you will want to see is the day you want to become a better team when the defensive aspects will be just as important, you want to see if he'll be able to sustain that.

But other than that, I did say when the trade happened that the AVS might have put their hands on a new Marek Svatos. Might be heading that way. Besides, smallish players do flourish once traded. See Marchessault. Not sure why Ghetto wouldn't be one of them.

As far as Martinsen.....he's not a Habs in October. Unless his salarly makes him an attractive 13th forward. But never going to play an important role anywhere.

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
I was mind blown when he clear the waiver at the beginning of the year. Last year he showed some really good flashs when he was playing with good linesmate.

I think we should have at least give him some opportunities on the PP and top 2 before dealing him.

We got robbed is ceiling was way higher then Martinson. I would rather keep the higher upside player then go for a player that is more suitable for a role on the 4th line.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm not expecting too much from Ghetto down the line. He's been a damn good pick up and if he show any consistency I'll be praising this trade. Getting rid of Martinsen was just the icing on the cake.

Apparently not everything about this season is a **** show for us...

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Good trade for Colorado so far, but again I think its really only working because it's Colorado. Nobody else seems interested in putting the puck in the net, and he's getting a ton of ripe opportunity.

Lol at Martinsen being a beautifully bronzed specimen. He doesn't bring a lot else.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm not expecting too much from Ghetto down the line. He's been a damn good pick up and if he show any consistency I'll be praising this trade. Getting rid of Martinsen was just the icing on the cake.

Apparently not everything about this season is a **** show for us...

It's true, Sakic has actually brought in good players this year at low or zero cost: Nieto, Barberio and Andrighetto have all been good additions and it cost the Avs a total of Andreas Martinsen.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's true, Sakic has actually brought in good players this year at low or zero cost: Nieto, Barberio and Andrighetto have all been good additions and it cost the Avs a total of Andreas Martinsen.

I still can't believe Barberio and Nieto went on waivers lol. These guys are depth players, agreed, but damn have we needed some good depth players.

It was a good waiver year for us, makes up for last year IMO.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Always loved 'Ghetto but he wouldn't succeed like that here. There was no room for him in the top-6 and he's getting his chance in Colorado.

Happens every season; some guys just need a change of scenery to succeed. Happy for him.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Hes not a top 6 on a playoff team. Good luck Sven, give some fuel to the mb critics who can be mocked again next season for freaking out over losing an inconsequential player like DSP, Sekac, Diaz, Pateryn.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I hope it was just Montreal misusing him and has actual potential to be a player for us.

If not though, he's providing a bright spot for this **** season.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
His gino from the point was pretty legit against Calgary. Might have something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad