Confirmed Trade: [MTL/COL] Sven Andrighetto for Andreas Martinsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Andrighetto has the potential to become a good contributor but he is weak defensively and because of that wasn't really given a fair shot with Therrien (often demoted to the AHL, left out of the lineup when he looks to be in a groove, etc.). He has good speed, a good shot, decent offensive instincts, and also seems to be stronger than his short stature makes him look. If he can put it together he has 30-40 point, 2nd-3rd line tweeter potential. But that is an IF

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Doesn't mean he doesn't have potential or value. And let's not pretend Montreal is good at handling young players.

Only people with an axe to grind pretend Montreal is bad at handling young players. Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk are all home grown impact players.

Yet every prospect who does not pan out is deemed by haters to be Montreal management's fault. Let's just ignore the fact that like 90% of draft picks across the league never player more than 100 NHL games

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

From Bergevin's comments, this sounds more like they wanted to give Andrighetto a chance somewhere else than them actually wanting Martinsen. Andrighetto has to clear waivers and it sounds like Montreal would prefer Terry or Hudon in Ghetto's spot, which I agree with. I can't see Martinsen getting real ice-time in Montreal, there are simply to many significantly better options.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
with king nd his whopping 10 pim this season ?

and lets be serious here ,its not like we could get any smaller.

Montreal has no defenders under 6 feet and only four forwards. And two of those forwards are Gallagher and Shaw, who aren't exactly soft. They could very easily get smaller.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Only people with an axe to grind pretend Montreal is bad at handling young players. Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk are all home grown impact players.

Yet every prospect who does not pan out is deemed by haters to be Montreal management's fault. Let's just ignore the fact that like 90% of draft picks across the league never player more than 100 NHL games

That's an awfully broad and inaccurate statement. Please elaborate. Specifically with regards to me.

lets not pretend colorado is any good at it themselves either.....

thats why they are how they are right now.

I never said they were. I never mentioned the Avs. :huh:

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

From Bergevin's comments, this sounds more like they wanted to give Andrighetto a chance somewhere else than them actually wanting Martinsen. Andrighetto has to clear waivers and it sounds like Montreal would prefer Terry or Hudon in Ghetto's spot, which I agree with. I can't see Martinsen getting real ice-time in Montreal, there are simply to many significantly better options.

Why not trade Ghetto for a pick, reduce the cap and give a chance to Hudon to finish the season ?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Why not trade Ghetto for a pick, reduce the cap and give a chance to Hudon to finish the season ?

Because no team would give a draft pick for him, literally every team could have had him for free and passed.

Mtl traded him for a warm buddy for the press box. Mtl has 14 forwards up, and only guy I can think of Martinsen might be ahead is Flynn. So even waiving him and having the Avs pick him up might not be idea because then one of the AHL guys is your 13-14th forward instead of playing in the AHL.

He is currently the 13/14th forward with Bryan Flynn in Mtl.

Last edited:

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Dayum. Rah-rah muscle flexing small-man complexed alpha morons ******* their pants on the habs boards.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Amazing how this was the last trade for MTL.

I have never seen a more fitting nickname for a GM than Bargain Bin.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
probably King's job now

Pacio - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
King - Mitchell - 1 of the 4th liners

Oh well. Bergevin should had gone all in this deadline.

Radulov UFA this summer.
Galchenyuk RFA this summer.
Price UFA 17/18 summer.
Weber declining.

The fact that he wants to try win the cup with this forward core is beyond my understanding. It's not like he has many shots left.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So does Martinsen really hit as much as the stats suggest?

He hits, the problem being his hits rarely cause the possession of the puck to change and he takes himself out of the position to throw them. He is basically good for a highlight hit every 5 games and does absolutely nothing else at best and is a liability at worst. Habs basically traded a top line AHL player for an AHL 3rd liner.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
He hits, the problem being his hits rarely cause the possession of the puck to change and he takes himself out of the position to throw them. He is basically good for a highlight hit every 5 games and does absolutely nothing else at best and is a liability at worst. Habs basically traded a top line AHL player for an AHL 3rd liner.

But he's bigger!!11 All that matters.

Jul 6, 2016
There was no real needs for the Martinsen trade by the Habs. With King and Ott, that was already plenty-enough.

But there was no place to play another smallish guy in the line up, and Andrighetto would had spent the rest of the season in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad