Proposal: Mtl / Cal

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Without reading the whole thread and excluding the HC case for sake of discussion only

This is beyond the realm of reality factoring in Sutter, how Dube plays, how Sitters teams play, and Dubes age

Gross

That's just complete bullshit. I'd love to have Dube on my team(disregsrding Team Canada stuff for now at least) and I'm quite sure lots of other teams would be happy to have a 23 year promising young player on the team as well.

Nobody wants Hoffman.
I got roasted a bit for having dube in a nylander proposal on the leafs board

Dube is going to be an extremely solid middle forward that helps a successful team

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nobody, and i mean nobody wants Dube. The OP just wanted to dump cap on Calgary in return for Dube. But make no mistake, no one "wants" Dube. lol
Dube has zero value. If he had any value he would have already been traded. HF fans need to get their heads out of their asses and look past their own bias. Players like Dube have zero value this offseason due to a lack of capspace coupled with the tax that teams are levying to take on cap.

You really just don't have a clue what you're talking about do you.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Darryl Sutter says no. Playing good defense is important to Darryl. Even though Dube hasn't exactly shined in that aspect of the game he's still young enough to learn. Hoffman is an old dog.

Reactions: Nanuuk

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Dube has zero value. If he had any value he would have already been traded. HF fans need to get their heads out of their asses and look past their own bias. Players like Dube have zero value this offseason due to a lack of capspace coupled with the tax that teams are levying to take on cap.
Weren't you the guy beating the petry drum saying 1st coming back minnimum? Did u clean ur head after pulling it out of ur ass?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yup, you will keep him because no one will take him for free. Same goes for Hoffman. Habs are going to have to see that contract through and quite frankly, that's not a bad thing during this tank / rebuild.
What a ridiculous post. It's a well known fact that Montreal wanted him in the Toffoli trade. Yes who wants a guy who scored 18 goals at 23 and is one of the faster players in the league with a great shot?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Habs won't be able to dump Hoffman without receiving salary back, à la Petry.

Best case scenario is Hoffman is traded for a RHD who cost +/- the same.

I think Barrie would be a good target, but MTL would have to add a bit to Hoffman to get it done

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Habs won't be able to dump Hoffman without receiving salary back, à la Petry.

Best case scenario is Hoffman is traded for a RHD who cost +/- the same.

I think Barrie would be a good target, but MTL would have to add a bit to Hoffman to get it done
I agree with the first two sentences.

The third, I think Oilers fans have been clear that they'd really need a cheaper RD if they moved Barrie.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Not true, flames do not want to get rid of Dube….stop lying

I think a lot of fans think when another teams fans suggests the same guy over and over, it's because they want to get rid of him. Whereas often, it's because fans can recognize who has value and would fetch a worthwhile return, without being a core piece. Dubé isn't a core piece in Calgary, but has value and could be of use to many teams. Habs fans could be seen proposing Dvorak or Anderson often, and both hold value as well.

Reactions: DFF

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Mtl: Dillon Dube
Cal: Mike Hoffman, 2023 3rd
A little cap saving for Mtl so they add a draft pick or a B prospect. Calgary adds in my view a better scorer
I think you accidently pressed the 3 key instead of the 1 when adding the pick. You are dumping a bad contract, Dube is 1/2 the price and 8 yrs younger and scores at close to the same clip AND can play center.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think you accidently pressed the 3 key instead of the 1 when adding the pick. You are dumping a bad contract, Dube is 1/2 the price and 8 yrs younger and scores at close to the same clip AND can play center.
That's as silly as the original proposal.
Dube isn't worth a serious shot at a Bedard.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Your out of your mind if you think the Habs would need their 2023 1st or any 2023 1st.

I am surprised Montreal fans aren’t saying they will just get Dube for free in three years lol.
. Face it .Pld is as good as gone within the next 2 seasons. What you might get in return is another question.
But your not gonna get Market for him.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Your out of your mind if you think the Habs would need their 2023 1st or any 2023 1st.

. Face it .Pld is as good as gone within the next 2 seasons. What you might get in return is another question.
Kinda like how the Flames wouldn't get anything for Tkachuk because he was "as good as gone" except in this scenario it was only 1 year. St. Louis fans figured they could just sign him for free too.

Tkachuk returned the 3rd leading scorer in the league, a good top pairing D man, a 1st round pick and a B prospect. St. Louis fans thought they'd get him for free.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

Calgary doesn't have the cap space to take on Hoffman (who is 8 yrs older, not a better player and costs an extra $2.2M per year) instead of Dube so to entice the Flames to do it is going to cost the Habs a 1st.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Kinda like how the Flames wouldn't get anything for Tkachuk because he was "as good as gone" except in this scenario it was only 1 year. St. Louis fans figured they could just sign him for free too.

Tkachuk returned the 3rd leading scorer in the league, a good top pairing D man, a 1st round pick and a B prospect. St. Louis fans thought they'd get him for free.
I would say Schwindt is an A prospect, but other that that I agree.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I would say Schwindt is an A prospect, but other that that I agree.
Depends on definition. I count A prospects as having a high likelihood of being top 6 forwards, top 4 defensemen or #1 goalies. I think Schwindt projects as a 3rd line center if things go well. Our only A prospects IMO are Coronato, Pelletier and Wolf.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Depends on definition. I count A prospects as having a high likelihood of being top 6 forwards, top 4 defensemen or #1 goalies. I think Schwindt projects as a 3rd line center if things go well. Our only A prospects IMO are Coronato, Pelletier and Wolf.
Fair enough. I tend to rank A, B, and C as to the likelihood of a player ever making it to the show.

Perhaps I am wrong about that.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fair enough. I tend to rank A, B, and C as to the likelihood of a player ever making it to the show.

Perhaps I am wrong about that.
Ah, no right or wrong way there. By your rankings I'd have Schwindt ahead of Wolf for likelihood. Just don't see more than a 3C there, but he has a high chance of reaching that. Wolf could win a Vezina. But has a lower chance.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Calgary doesn't have the cap space to take on Hoffman (who is 8 yrs older, not a better player and costs an extra $2.2M per year) instead of Dube so to entice the Flames to do it is going to cost the Habs a 1st.
Put the crack pipe down . A 2023 1st is a pipe dream.:laugh:

READ. I said he will go for below his true market value. NOT FREE.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Put the crack pipe down . A 2023 1st is a pipe dream.:laugh:

READ. I said he will go for below his true market value. NOT FREE.
Again, like Tkachuk went below his true market value? Players go for the highest value one of 31 other teams will pay. When it's a desirable player for a fantastic cap hit they go for a lot.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Again, like Tkachuk went below his true market value? Players go for the highest value one of 31 other teams will pay. When it's a desirable player for a fantastic cap hit they go for a lot.
Again how many players get full market value in a trade when that player lets it be known that in 2 yrs he's testing the market while also stipulating he would love to play for a certain team?
Name them please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad