Confirmed Trade: [MTL/BUF] Eric Staal (@50%) for 2021 3rd and 5th round picks

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Would've rather kept marjo
He’s been garbage all season too, though less bad than Staal. Some Wild fans are still upset about that trade for some reason, anyone who watched the games last year could see Staal was hitting the end of his playing days. Those topics were pretty entertaining though with so many people saying MN got ripped off.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Needs to happen but doubt MB let’s Dom scratch him.

Carolina/Minnesota Staal Good
NYR, Buffalo, Habs Staal Trash

That's what I've been suspecting for a while, Ducharme is only an interim, pretty sure BargainBin is the one pulling the strings behind. Wouldn't surprise me if we learn, when he's canned, that he was as much a control freak as Gauthier was.

But anyway, Staal is done, it's painful to watch.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
That's what I've been suspecting for a while, Ducharme is only an interim, pretty sure BargainBin is the one pulling the strings behind. Wouldn't surprise me if we learn, when he's canned, that he was as much a control freak as Gauthier was.

But anyway, Staal is done, it's painful to watch.
Evans is 10x the player Staal is at the moment, 4th line has fell off a cliff

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It was worth a try, but damn, end this experiment now and taxi squad him.

No it wasn't.

Sabres went from 0-13-1 to 5-3-3 since he left.

I told people he's done. Not recognizing the situation with him is incompetence at it's finest, wasting energy and assets, even if it's just mid-round picks, is asinine. I get if fans are clueless of players they don't see, but the fact that management gets paid money to do this job thinks this is a good idea is laughable. I might consider sending the Habs office a bag of dogshit, they probably think it turns into gold too.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Staal is a check casher these days. He plays only when he wants to. Buffalo gave money but it a boring vacation spot. He's probably going tourist in Montreal but doesn't give a damn about hockey, although having a knucklehead GM like Bergevin would kill the will of many.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Lemme guess: bad stick penalties at the worst possible times.....whiny raging at referees.....refusal to involve himself in any area of the ice in which a puck battle might conceivably take place.....a sullen hangdog look that could end up with him skating over his own lower lip someday

You know what I hate about stats? People in 10 years are going to look at them and say "Hey, Eric Staal was the best Staal brother" but the truth is, if I had to pick a Staal brother for my team, he'd be the third one I'd pick (sorry Jared). He peaked in like 2008 and has been a whiny entitled turd ever since.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I hope when the Habs put the final nail in the coffin of the flames for the playoffs and surprise both Toronto and Winnipeg that yous don’t all change your story . Let’s see what happens tonite

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I’m against the whole lot I suspose but I’m gonna say stall will help down the line . I’m backing bergevin . I’m backing Merrill . And I’m backing the future . Game time is early tonight .

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I hope when the Habs put the final nail in the coffin of the flames for the playoffs and surprise both Toronto and Winnipeg that yous don’t all change your story . Let’s see what happens tonite

LOL. Oh geez. You don't seriously believe that, do you? I suppose anything can happen, but the way they've played all year long?........They are just not a very good team, Man.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I’m against the whole lot I suspose but I’m gonna say stall will help down the line . I’m backing bergevin . I’m backing Merrill . And I’m backing the future . Game time is early tonight .

Stalls do help a lot.

You can't have your players needing to poop while on the ice.

Reactions: Tryamw

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Staal is cooked, that much is true.

But the Sabres turnaround is directly tied to firing Ralph f***ing Krueger.

Well Casey Mittelstadt is getting Staal's minutes. Maybe a bit of that too but ultimately that is a coaching decision. And a bad one. Krueger loved washed up vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad