Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Galchenyuk to Arizona, Domi to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just an absolutely disgusting trade for Montreal. Galchenyuk has been misused since the day he put on the toilet seat sweater. I've always thought he could be a top 6 centreman and envied the Habs for drafting him 3rd overall. For an organization starving for centres as much as the Buds were before Matthews, getting another winger, an underwhelming borderline bust winger who scored 4 actual goals last year (5 empty netters) and less than 10 the last two seasons, on a team that is also starved for goal scoring and offense, for a guy who was misused and could potentially break out as a good top 6 centre with the Coyotes is nothing short of a tire fire, gongshow move for the Habs. Makes this Leaf fan happy to see the Habs pissing away all their assets though :) I've always liked Galchenyuk or "Chucky" as they call him, and I'm excited to see what he can do in AZ given the proper usage, ice time and linemates. Absolutely abysmal trade for Montreal though and once again for the third year in a row, Marc Bergevin absolutely s**** the bed!
Look we have it bad with M.B. no doubt but you Laffs have been there for many yrs.

Jul 6, 2016
d
Good luck with underachieving and party going Galchenyuk in Phoenix

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Watch RDS and AntiChambre, read Journal de Montreal. They are the largest media in QC and they led the campaigns against PK, Eller and Galchenyuk, they defended the trades, and Rejean Tremblay had the gall to suggest a holocaust against francophones in Journal de Montreal when little Davey Desharnais dropped out of the lineup a couple years ago. They have stood by Bergevin through it all. This is a problem if you view the Habs as a sports team that should win the Stanley Cup, but business as usual for those who view the team as some sort of cultural property that requires the coach, GM and top Centre be a certain ethnicity.

Anyway Habs now have the team they deserve lol.

I think you're inventing the fact that it's only the french media that lead these crusades. You clearly have your own agenda going.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think you're inventing the fact that it's only the french media that lead these crusades. You clearly have your own agenda going.

I dont see what part you quoted he made up. The treatment guys like Eller, Plekanec and Chuk received from the media compared to a guy like DD has been an absolute shame for years.

Reactions: Pickles and JLP

jazzhockey

Nov 7, 2016
Canada
Galchenyuk can score 100 goals next year, but he will not raise the cup with that shitty jersey on. I bet he's thrilled about jumping on the ice in front of 5,000 hockey newbies that are more excited about beer specials than the game itself.

Max Domi only needs to keep his rythm and MTL will treat him well. There's already enough guys to hate on their lineup. Alzner, Schlemko, Pacioretty, Drouin, Shaw are only some of the players MTL loves to hate right now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Galchenyuk can score 100 goals next year, but he will not raise the cup with that ****ty jersey on. I bet he's thrilled about jumping on the ice in front of 5,000 hockey newbies that are more excited about beer specials than the game itself.

Max Domi only needs to keep his rythm and MTL will treat him well. There's already enough guys to hate on their lineup. Alzner, Schlemko, Pacioretty, Drouin, Shaw are only some of the players MTL loves to hate right now.
My grandfather lived in Montreal, was a Habs fan his whole life, and for him, I cringe at what he would call the terrible decline in manners evidenced by posts such as that quoted. Habs fans, as he would remind me when I was a child, were gentlemen. Come down to the desert some time and take in a game. You will be surprised to see such good hockey played all over the state.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It's more Galchenyuk has his shot over Domi, but Domi is faster, smarter, works harder, has better hands and is a better playmaker. Galchenyuk may be taller, but Domi plays bigger.

Play bigger and works harder I'll agree, to be kind of expected with who his dad is. However if Arizona is actually willing to work with Galchenyuk like Montreal never did I expect we'll see a better effort level.

However, absolutely no chance he's faster or has better hands. None at all. There really isn't a way you can frame Domi as a better player than Chucky. You can be as optimistic as you want, it's just unrealistic. They're both one way players and one is just outright better offensively

Reactions: Pickles

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Play bigger and works harder I'll agree, to be kind of expected with who his dad is. However if Arizona is actually willing to work with Galchenyuk like Montreal never did I expect we'll see a better effort level.

However, absolutely no chance he's faster or has better hands. None at all. There really isn't a way you can frame Domi as a better player than Chucky. You can be as optimistic as you want, it's just unrealistic. They're both one way players and one is just outright better offensively

I don't know who's mislead you, but Galchenyuk is far from a speed demon. Domi is by far a better skater. He's also the better playmaker, and i'm not particularly a fan of the trade.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don't know who's mislead you, but Galchenyuk is far from a speed demon. Domi is by far a better skater.

I don't think either is a speed demon, any difference between them is fairly minuscule. The speed is not the main point here, the point is neither can play defence but Galchenyuk is simply a more offensively talented player

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think either is a speed demon, any difference between them is fairly minuscule. The speed is not the main point here, the point is neither can play defence but Galchenyuk is simply a more offensively talented player
Galchenyuk is definitely slower than Domi. Galchenyuk is a pure sniper, but he really doesn't bring anything beyond that.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013

I don't think it's a big leap to think that Domi will be the better player for the next 5 years.

Skating: Domi>>>>>>Galchenyuk
Shot: Galchenyuk>>>>Domi
Vision & passing : Domi comfortably
5 on 5: Domi
Defense & overall effort: Domi by a mile

I'll be pretty surprised if Galchenyuk ever pulls significantly ahead of Domi in terms of career ppg, despite his goal scoring prowess. Part of it is two major knee surgeries which obviously aren't his fault. But when you watch Chucky's 5 on 5 play it's obvious....he can't live up to his reputation, and doesn't even bother trying most nights.

Reactions: livingod

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Galchenyuk is just not a good player...horrible in his own zone....terrible on faceoffs....he always tries to stick handle thru the whole ....and turns the puck over all the time.....and Arizona roster is terrible.

Reactions: lamp9post

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just an absolutely disgusting trade for Montreal. Galchenyuk has been misused since the day he put on the toilet seat sweater. I've always thought he could be a top 6 centreman and envied the Habs for drafting him 3rd overall. For an organization starving for centres as much as the Buds were before Matthews, getting another winger, an underwhelming borderline bust winger who scored 4 actual goals last year (5 empty netters) and less than 10 the last two seasons, on a team that is also starved for goal scoring and offense, for a guy who was misused and could potentially break out as a good top 6 centre with the Coyotes is nothing short of a tire fire, gongshow move for the Habs. Makes this Leaf fan happy to see the Habs pissing away all their assets though :) I've always liked Galchenyuk or "Chucky" as they call him, and I'm excited to see what he can do in AZ given the proper usage, ice time and linemates. Absolutely abysmal trade for Montreal though and once again for the third year in a row, Marc Bergevin absolutely s**** the bed!

I'm with you on this. The Habs should have done everything in their power to ensure Galchenyuk developed into the franchise center they so desperately need/needed.

And he showed flashes of being exactly that for them. 30 goals followed up by a near PPG pace before his knee injury.

It was the difference between the Habs being a contender and being what they are now. It was certainly the difference in our playoff series two years ago.

Instead they had him buried on the 4th line with AHL trash Dwight King and Steve Ott. And funny enough that was actually the best line for the Habs the entire series!

The fact that Therrien and Julien didn't think he could get it done as a center is not an indictment against Galchenyuk at all. Therrien is the worst coach in the league in the last 5-10 years and Julien is notoriously hard on pure offensive skilled players. Hell he dicked around with Pastrnak his first two years as a pro too.

Domi is actually decent value for Galchenyuk, but i don't see what Domi does for the Habs. He's pretty much a not as good version of Gallagher.

The Habs have been virtually zapped of all their offensive skill in a league trending ttowards speed and skill, and more speed and more skill.

Guys like Barzal, Kuznetsov, Hall, Rakell, Pastrnak, Kucherov, Forsberg, MacKinnon, Marner.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLP

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Galchenyuk can score 100 goals next year, but he will not raise the cup with that ****ty jersey on. I bet he's thrilled about jumping on the ice in front of 5,000 hockey newbies that are more excited about beer specials than the game itself.

I'm a 57 year old Coyote season ticket holder, been watching the NHL for 48 years.

Thanks for calling me a newbie ;)

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I'm a 57 year old Coyote season ticket holder, been watching the NHL for 48 years.

Thanks for calling me a newbie ;)

Don't let the northern rednecks of Quebec get you down. They'll even construct some sort of lame rationalization when Galch outscores Domi this season, they embrace failure lol. Team has been hijacked it will be 10 years before the Habs can recover from Bergevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad