Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You saying habs are a good team yet we finished 24-32 in a weak canadian division and made the playoffs because we lost in OT against Edmonton at the end of the season.
I’m not saying you guys are great, but you have more forward talent than Arizona did last year.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Arizona trades Dvorak to Montreal in exchange for: i) the better of Montreal's own 1st round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft and Carolina's 1st round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft (previously acquired by Montreal); and ii) Montreal's own 2nd round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft.
However, in the event that either or both of Montreal's own 1st round pick and/or Carolina's 1st round pick are Top 10 picks in the 2022 NHL Draft (after the final Draft order has been established in accordance with the results of the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery), then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona: i) the worse of Montreal's own pick and Carolina's pick (previously acquired by Montreal); and ii) Montreal's own 2nd round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft.

Canadiens acquire forward Christian Dvorak

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't see this as an upgrade long-term or short term. I think Montreal fumbled the bag. I don't think they had much choice after the offersheet, but such is life.

They both score at a pretty similar rate 5v5. Kotkaniemi is younger, bigger, has more upside, and is probably a bit more physical.

I guess we'll see.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
This might explain why it was taking so long for MB to decide on JK. He had to ensure that there was a deal on the table for Dvorak

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
With all those first-rounders they must be trying to attract a new buyer. :sarcasm:

But wondering which draft picks those are, Montreal or Carolina's, or if it's on the condition where AZ will get the lower of the two. But I wouldn't have given a first for Dvorak.

But wait until the Coyotes trade Chychrun for a 1st round pick. :sarcasm:

And maybe Schmaltz, Hayton, Keller, and Crouse (Crouse would get a late 1st).

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Welcome to Montreal!! Happy to have Dvorak on my team, he is going to be a great top 6C for Habs!!

Reactions: Jakey53

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If it’s the Montreal pick I’m happy. If it’s the Carolina pick, I’m disappointed

it’s the better of the two unless its a top 10 pick then it become the worst of the two. So, for example, if Montreal ends up with the 10th overall and Carolina wins the cup, the deal becomes the 32nd overall pick and a 2024 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad