Proposal: MTL and SJ

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
You are literally the only one that brought up the issue, called him a “convicted sex criminal” got up on a soapbox and opined on it, then it’s “let’s not get into it” after you’re done.

The lack of self awareness is impressive.
No, it wasn’t. That was Hodge.

And that's your choice. I wouldn't trade either of them for Smith or Musty.
That’s certainly a take.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
That's your reasoning? Pretty judgemental over a picture shared while he was still immature.

He's gonna be a top 4 in the nhl one day. 31 other gms would trade for him if they could, believe that.
The 31 other GMs who work within organizations with moral integrity and class that chose not to draft him due to character issues?

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I think HuGo will look to package one of Struble or Harris with the Winnipeg 1st pick & move up in the draft.
Struble/Harris have shown their potential in live NHL action, it’s a small sample size for Struble & Harris I think has 110-120 gms. You could add Barron however Hughes has stated he’s not interested in moving players that he’s traded for….I guess it’s his team culture or team building approach.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
That's your reasoning? Pretty judgemental over a picture shared while he was still immature.

He's gonna be a top 4 in the nhl one day. 31 other gms would trade for him if they could, believe that.
not so sure all other 31 gms are on board
Per Seravalli, the Arizona Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs will not be drafting Mailloux. Six teams did not interview him.

"We're trying to put a team on the ice people can be proud of and support," an unnamed NHL team front office member told Seravalli when Mailloux was brought up. "We'll build a less efficient roster, if need be, to make sure that is the case in our community."

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
not so sure all other 31 gms are on board
You mean that Arizona team that signed Miller ?

Those comments were made at the draft. What's their take now that he redeemed himself and lit up the AHL years later ?

Also, it means that 26 teams did interview him at the time when this matter was still hot & recent.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I wasn't a fan of the Mailloux pick at the time given his BS he got himself into, but this comment makes it pretty clear you're not up to date with his progress both on and off the ice. I don't blame you I don't know shit about the Sharks 3rd or 4th best prospect lol but there's really nothing pointing towards Mailloux being an off ice concern at this point
I'm glad he's kept his nose clean since the incident but that doesn't mean it just goes away as a concern for those potentially looking to acquire him. I'm just not interested in bringing in prospects with this sort of past during a rebuild where a new culture will be established.
What point exactly are you trying to prove here? The OP responded to me saying San Jose should be either #1 or #2. That is a statically incorrect statement as they are most likely to pick 3rd. The other teams individual odds on picking 1st and 2nd is irrelevant to that fact as we are not discussing the other teams.
It is statistically correct because the most likely team to pick #1 or #2 is still the San Jose Sharks.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Can we close this thread? Neither team wants to trade their guy...and now we're getting into technicalities about the draft lottery. At the end of the day, the Sharks have the best odds right now, and are more likely to draft 1st than any other team. Who cares about statistically what pick they get?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Can we close this thread? Neither team wants to trade their guy...and now we're getting into technicalities about the draft lottery. At the end of the day, the Sharks have the best odds right now, and are more likely to draft 1st than any other team. Who cares about statistically what pick they get?
Just put the thread on ignore mate....

Reactions: Natey

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
You mean that Arizona team that signed Miller ?

Those comments were made at the draft. What's their take now that he redeemed himself and lit up the AHL years later ?

Also, it means that 26 teams did interview him at the time when this matter was still hot & recent.
has he redeemed himself?

The woman who was victimized by NHL Draft prospect Logan Mailloux, who had a photo of her performing a sex act taken without her consent and circulated by Mailloux among some teammates, said she hasn’t forgiven Mailloux because she doesn’t believe he has shown remorse for what he did.
The woman said she asked that Mailloux send her a sincere apology in written form because she did not want to meet with him in person. She said she received “a text that was no longer than three sentences.”

“All I wanted was a heartfelt apology for his behavior,” the woman wrote to The Athletic.

sounds like hes doing the bare minimum just to make it go away. she had a pretty small ask all things considered.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So now Mailloux is a top potential top pairing guy worth more than Smith
I love how you can have an opinion, but I can't. That's f***ing hilarious. Hockey is all about opinions hence why there is such a different list of prospects at every freaking draft.

Smith was low on my list - you can check back if you really want. He's just never been the guy for me. I rated him fairly lowly in his draft year - but that was just my thoughts. I've hit or missed on tons of prospects over the years - thankfully, I don't have a GM checking my work.

You can fill how you want about a player and so can I. Mailloux is 4th among scoring in AHL defenseman in his first season. And that's only a small part of his game. And as I said, RHD might be the most premium position in the league.

We all have different opinions. The world would f***ing suck if we all thought the same.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Grinner

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
The 31 other GMs who work within organizations with moral integrity and class that chose not to draft him due to character issues?
Did you just refer to billion dollar organizations having moral integrity? Ok.

Anyways, his career was in question due to criminal charges, while in his draft year. Now that it's all behind him (and has kept his nose clean), he would absolutely be welcomed to any team needing a young RHD.. which is basically every team.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Centers are also a premium, premium position as far as potential first line guys.
Maybe - but I don't hugely rate Smith either way. Would I take him in Montreal? Hell yeah. Would I take him for a prospect I really like? No.

And Montreal isn't doing bad in the center department right now. We have a good, fairly young set of centers who I really like. It's the wing where we need help right now as well as top pairing defenseman.

LOL.

There were already rumours of a bunch of GMs taking him in the second round, which is why Montreal jumped early. Mailloux was ranked anywhere from 20-40 basically, so he went in his window. And other GMs were most certainly going to draft him in the 2nd round, no doubt about it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Maybe - but I don't hugely rate Smith either way. Would I take him in Montreal? Hell yeah. Would I take him for a prospect I really like? No.

And Montreal isn't doing bad in the center department right now. We have a good, fairly young set of centers who I really like. It's the wing where we need help right now as well as top pairing defenseman.

LOL.

There were already rumours of a bunch of GMs taking him in the second round, which is why Montreal jumped early. Mailloux was ranked anywhere from 20-40 basically, so he went in his window. And other GMs were most certainly going to draft him in the 2nd round, no doubt about it.
Will Smith has 67 points in 37 games as a freshman in the NCAA. You got a weird criteria for rating guys. Pretty sure it’s “are they in Montreal? If so I rate them.”

I have lots of thoughts on whether y’all need a C or not but whatever on that. Not dealing for a position of strength is VERY different than what you’ve said here.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, not taking Smith for Mallioux is a clear case of severely overrating your own prospects.
Yeah I mean totally get it. I overvalue our guys too. Especially the ones doing well (wouldn’t move Musty for fair value at all). Mailloux definitely has some big mistakes in his past but seems like he’s putting in the work to be better and it seems like he’s working really well for the Habs. I probably wouldn’t move him for fair value if I was MTL either but shit man Smith is a top 10 prospect in the league.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You are literally the only one that brought up the issue, called him a “convicted sex criminal” got up on a soapbox and opined on it, then it’s “let’s not get into it” after you’re done.

The lack of self awareness is impressive.
I actually f***ing didn’t, go back and read the name of the poster who made that statement.

Reactions: RogerRodgerRodgers

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I would add with Mailloux for Musty, WPG 1st'24 but that's my best offer.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Musty-Dach-1st pick'24(Demidov,Catton,Helenius)
Newhook-Beck-Roy

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Engstrom
Strubble-Xhekaj

This is pretty solid IMO

Last edited:
  • Wow

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Beck-Roy

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Engstrom
Strubble-Xhekaj

This is pretty solid IMO
I think the offer is solid for a team that feels comfortable taking on someone like Mailloux. I just don't think the Sharks should be that team right now. I have more confidence in Musty being an impact player without the sort of baggage that comes with Mailloux and a pick around 25 doesn't cover the gap for me.

Reactions: Maitz

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Will Smith has 67 points in 37 games as a freshman in the NCAA. You got a weird criteria for rating guys. Pretty sure it’s “are they in Montreal? If so I rate them.”

I have lots of thoughts on whether y’all need a C or not but whatever on that. Not dealing for a position of strength is VERY different than what you’ve said here.
There's lots of Habs prospects I don't rate.... so that's bullshit. And I could say the same shit. Mailloux has 42 points in 64 games in his first pro season on a very mid team (compared to Smith on a stacked roster). Mailloux has size, skating, right handed defenseman.. he checks all the boxes.

Smith has done better than I thought he would, no doubt. Most of evaluation was from his draft year because I don't have time to follow every prospect that's not on Montreal or in the upcoming draft class. But from what I've seen of him, I was definitely wrong having him so low in my Top-10, but I still just don't see the need for this trade if it was offered. We need a big RHD that can be a #1 guy. Mailloux has the potential.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Beck-Roy

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Engstrom
Strubble-Xhekaj

This is pretty solid IMO
These lineups always make me laugh. People will be doing them 30 years from now, but they'll never get anywhere close to that. It's not often that rosters are almost exclusively drafted by their club.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Funny considering I think your take is terrible too.

Not a chance. RHD a premium, premium position as far as potential first pairing guys.

That's a ridiculous overpayment.

So is yours.
Agreed. Mailloux would be too much to give up for Smith and Musty.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad